Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
Thank you, Bigz! You da best! I would have taken you up on that offer the other day, but I'd have had to impose on you to stay the evening.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
So you finally got your flask back from FT, hey?
lau.gif

FT, I'd tell whomever you buy the tires from that they quoted you $200 cheaper. They are just trying to screw you over. If they want the sale, they'll agree to the price. Otherwise, move on & spend your $$$ elsewhere.
I'm glad to hear about your roo. Have you ever tried the mint M&Ms? OMG, they are divine! Way more addicting than the plain ones.

Ang, we have a super HD extension cord running out to the coop with a 6 outlet outdoor power strip on it, which everything plugs into (2 heat lamps, a heated waterer base, a heated dog bowl and 4 cameras. And yes, I know that that's 8, Jim). Knock on wood, but we haven't had any trouble yet, and we've used this setup for years. We are hoping to get electric run out to the barn in the spring, but we say that every year.
hide.gif
Also, we use a metal heated dog bowl for water for our banties & the rabbits. It is raised up on 2 pavers to try to keep wood shavings out. I have not had any problems with anyone falling in there yet, but they do get dirty fast & empty out quicker than the founts do. As for lugging water, I use gallon jugs (milk, tea) to transport water in, and keep a scrub brush in the coop to clean out the waterers instead of lugging them back & forth. HTH Oh, and I have a pet door on my coop. Works great! Except if you want to chase them in through the big door, they'll turn & run out the little one. Little $hits!!!! Mine I got at Farm & Fleet, and it has a wooden board that slides down & covers the opening so noone can get in or out. You just have to remember to use it when you're chasin' chickens.
roll.png
I don't know how secure it would be against raccoons, though. (My coop is inside a double fenced-in area). On a funny note, You should have seen my roo try to use that door when I first got him. He just barely fits through it. He has to cock his shoulders on an angle to fit. If those birds want to go out bad enough, they will figure it out.

Quote:
The only problem with that is if it is cold enough, wouldn't their water freeze up on them? If the heater has a thermostat or is plugged into a thermo cube, that would be better. And Dave, be careful that your heater is secure & that the chickens can't jump on top of it & knock it over.
Jim, you can just keep that white stuff. It is sunny and beautiful down here.
Well, gotta run to the vet. Enjoy the day!

I do have the heater plugged into a thermo block.. but with the door open, the temp drops below 35F in the coop and the heater turns on.. I guess the water would eventually freeze, but by that time the chickens would be back into the coop and the heater would be turned back on.. If not, then the heater should thaw out the water after I lock up the chickens for the night..
I change the water every day, anyhow.

Your rabbit is prolly just in heat..

.........jiminwisc.........

Morning! Yes CC--sunny and beautiful...just the way I like it! NO wind either; at least on our side of the hill! You and Jim did it to me again with the darn coffee! I love Jim's--"Now that everything has a good layer of snow on it, today would be a good day to take all the stuff off the trailer and store them.." The sushi comment not so much! I cant imagine what such an ugly fish would taste like....YUK!
The picture in my head of Moose pushing through that door....
gig.gif
Too much! So does your pet door have flaps over the opening too? Like they have to push through them? That is the kind of door I was thinking about....
FT--what time is your appointment in Madison? If it is early enough (and they are running on time
hmm.png
) You should have enough time...HWY 83 and I94 is pretty far from Cind I believe. Plus there's no good and easy way to get there! I hope I can find the little styro cooler to transport him in! I have a couple of bags for you too...at least one would be pretty to actually carry...the others are kind of plain. I saw one at the fair made from a chick starter bag that was really adorable! We want pics...if you ever get them made!
pop.gif
OOOH--that smiley makes me want some pop corn...maybe for breakfast...it is really good when you mix Chocolate or Cinnamon Chex with it! Wayyyy better than donuts Jim...Gluten Free too!

Making the turkey wild rice soup from the last of the broth I did from the carcass...I used to freeze it so that we could have it "later"...well when I last cleaned the freezer there must have been 3 turkey carcasses in there waiting to be made into soup! Now I just do it right away! Way better idea for sure......

Slept soooo good in the fresh sheets! I could hardly drag myself out this morning! Dogs "barked" me in to it...CC I hope your rabbit is OK...just acting weird? I dont think I have ever taken any of my rabbits to the vet. Do you just do "check-ups?"
Gotta go look for the wild rice...DH is at work so I dont have anyone to run to the store...course I could make it with out!
lau.gif
Another recipe for my cookbook!
Anybody know something that tastes and acts like barley in a recipe? I LOVE it and of course it is loaded with that dam^ gluten so I cant have it anymore...I have a recipe "Chicken with Barley and Pecans" that is out of this world...I am SOOO hungry for it I could scream....
Man, I better eat breakfast! Have a fantastic day everyone! Terri O

back again., I fixed the water can so it hangs straight,, now just have to wait to see how the birds will sabotage it this time..

I decided to transfer the 5 turkey poults to the guinea pen tonight..they are old enough I think.. that will eliminate one waterer that always freezes, being outside and all..

If that snow was any wetter, it would be rain.. sticky like honey.

Nice try TerriO, but you are just trying to convince yourself , and me, that your cereal is better than a good chocolate on chocolate creme filled donut.. I'm not buying it..

TerriO, you cannot judge a fishes taste by its looks.. Have you ever seen a Grouper? Yummmm

sounds from upstairs,, the donuts are here,,,,,,, Yummmmm
........jiminwisc.......

Well between TO & Jim I've had my laugh for the day ! LOL Sushi !!!
gig.gif
Yuk no matter what the fish looks like !!

Mint M&M's Hmmm. I'm addicted to the Peanut ones !! And it shows !!!
gig.gif

Good question about the doc appointment in Madison. I have to get a Mamo and then see doc. I have to call, can't remember the times and don't know where I wrote it !!!

(H&R I'm one of those people !!!
gig.gif
I think I wrote it down in two places already)

Well, spent all day on the phone again. Bottom line getting the tires at FF tomorrow if they come in. Southside tire wants over $200 each plus tax of course and no rebates etc. They said they don't carry Coopers any longer since they said they are no good !!! '
So called our neighbor that recommended the Coopers and another local tire place, they like coopers. So for $661 for 4 10 ply tires I'll try them.
CC, don't think that would work with the tires, already getting one free with the sale, ain't like the old days. They could care less if you shop elsewhere plus elsewhere will cost me hundreds more or I would !!

Then to top it off I bought a shop vac and an inverter online thru Fleet Farm. Inverter was missing from the box and they charged me for it. THEN my bank statement showed they charged me twice $60.88 twice. Called and they never called me back. Called today and gave them H3LL !!!! what !!!! LOL
They wanted to send me an address label to send them the box back so they could file a claim with UPS !!!! WTH !!!! I said the box was not tampered with !!! I can't believe this.

FF is on my SL this week !!!!!

So if all goes well, (if the tires are in tomorrow and I get them installed) then I go for chicken food late afternoon on the way home. I told DH that I just might not drive down to Racine after all for my nieces's baby's 1st birthday party on Sat at 3:30pm. I was gonna pick up 6 runner duck hens on the way back (which is why I need to take the truck) Was gonna drive down Saturday and come home Sunday. Then he asked what time the party is. He said he would drive me down and we'll come home early Sunday morning !!
We'll have to load up the animals with tons of food just in case we're delayed and ask the neighbors to check on them. That way he can see the precious baby!!! He loves kids !!

I said well if he drives down I can drive back and maybe we can come home Saturday night. Then I go back next week to Madison. Still need to schedule a bone density test and up the rear end endoscopy whatever too. Got to get that all done before the end of the year !!! Time is running out !! SH!t
gig.gif

Would have scheduled the Madison for this Friday but on the 10th is a get together with my Mom's lady relatives that all live out of town. They get together almost every month so I scheduled the Madison around that. But I can't miss my baby's first birthday !! Don't have the guts to tell my sister that I bought that pony for her (yes I will post pictures one of these days)

Oh and yes I did go to bed last night. I just woke up for some reason. Actually I was checking my ebay bids on the live mealworms and to see if FF credited my account yet !!

Ok, rambling finished for now. Gotta go downstairs and clean silkie pens today !!!

Litter Box (cause I don't know where we left off and it came to mind cause I can smell mine !!! Darn cats) CC hope the bunny is ok. Tons of snow up this way, really need those tires, like yesterday !!

Afternoon All....nothing new here. Everthing was white here tis morning too. Most of it has melted, and that's a good thing.
Went to the feed mill today. 4 bags of layer ration for $32. I think fleet gets almost $12 a bag
ep.gif
it's no wonder why I quit buying their high priced feed.

Prolly gonna go start a fire. Kinda damp and chilly today.

I figured Southside Tire would of been more competative than that FT. Sorry for the crummy tip!

Later... bigz

Hi again, got to maynard's and back.. bought another thermo cube.. $10.oo including tax.. of course it was not in the electric section of the store.. It was in plumbing,, You figure it out..

I finished the second goose egg tray and have 4 eggs in it in the bator.. due date Jan. 1, 2012,, that makes 32 total.. I need 24 more eggs to fill this tray..

the geese have been on and off the est all day.. no eggs yet.. the pied peahen is hovering around the nest all day.. Don't tell me she is going to lay now.. how wierd would that be ?

sun almost came out , but decided to snow a little more instead..

i think I need a nap..

.........jiminwisc.........

Hi , this just came in on Wi Animal Swaps. :

It is listed on wausau craigs list with pictures also..

I have a trio (or pair if you'd like) of 2011 calls for sale. Male is blue magpie and females are blue bibbed. Nice and typey but not show quality (for open class at least). Very healthy birds! $50 for the trio or $35 for the pair. located by Loyal, but we will be traveling up towards Superior in a week or two and will be heading down towards Austin MN on I90. We are also going to Bloomer this Sunday morning. So can get them moved around!

Would love a nap but am stuck at work today. No white stuff down here yet. Hoping my long drive home has none. Not ready for snow, even though it is already December.
Waiting to see if momma broody is going to hatch those other 4 eggs of Carol and Terry O. Due any day now. I think tomorrow is day 21. Otherwise we have 1 crazy chick. Ok get this- momma thinks she is a dog I swear! So the momma/eggs/chcik are in our utility room in basement. I made a fence around dog kennel and some space and dumped wood chips down there. So when baby was first hatched I would take momma outside once a day to do her potty thing. She would go and come back to me to be carried inside. Now when I go down there, she flys out of cage ( roof is coming!) and runs to the door to be let out, does her thing and stands there to be let back in. You open door and she runs back to peeping baby in back room. And boy do those two peep when away from each other.

Oh and the good news in DH is excited to expand the run in the spring... hoping to talk him into expanding the coop too, but he is stumped on what we can do. I will have to post a pic and see what anyones thoughts are. Right now it is a 6 x 4 x 4 high raised coop. Run is about 6-8 feet long and 6 wide. But depending on sexes of my chicks, and hopefull freezer camp for my 2 mean hens that just hit a year... can add some new chickens... will keep everyone on the lookout for my wishlist birds! Wyandottes, standard cochins and maybe another bantam cochin. Decent layers and gentle birds. That is my goal! We always have buyers lined up for eggs, but need to be handled and probably manhandled by 5 year olds!. Maybe even a nice white egg layer in the mix as we have all brown. Hmm.... so much to think about.

Afternoon All!
Oh Maaaaaan I should not have sat down! Every joint in my body aches and I have a head ache....I should have known yesterday when I felt tired and sore that I'd be in pain today. Yes, snow is on the way according to my spine and my left hip. I should never had started riding cross country. Atleast I only did 3 Day's for about a year before I got smart and just rode dressage....
The Girls are doing well and I gave them a artery clogging snack. Mealworm Suet. It sounded so good at F&F as a chicken treat. So far it's a big hit in the coop.
Got the Wild Bird feeders filled and I decorated the outside chicken run. I took pics and will post them at little latter when the Advil had kicked in-once I get off the forum and take it! LOL!

TO-if you can't find a cooler for the fish transport, a 5 gallon buckets work great if you have any extras laying about.

FT-glad you got the Roo home okay! He sounds like a cool rooster!

CC-Hope the bunny is ok

Kristi-if your interested and don't get your wishlist chickens by spring, I'll be ordering some chicks from Ideal or Privett in the Spring again. I will have room to add some of the ones you want. I was/am going to order meat birds as filler to complete my 25 min.

Ok, I've got to get up before I can't and some one just horked up something on the floor.....*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom