Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hey Annarie- was up close to Lyden Station today dropping DD and another 4-H child off at Upham Woods for 4-H camp-she will be there till Friday am.

Got all the pens cleaned today some this am while DD was here to help and finished the rest when I got back from the Dells this afternoon. Move some of the birds around and made one pen a "boys only" pen so that the girls feathers stay nice-DD is thinking she might like to show in the fall.

DrH and Annarie(and anyone else
wink.png
-good luck with the incubation project, looks like we will be firing up our incubator once again, maybe next week, DD would like to try raising some Welsummer chickens as well, so we have 18 eggs
fl.gif
coming from Nate in Hudson WI-he's on the Welsummer forum.

welcome-byc.gif
everyone who is new to here!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
JMPE! I took a look at your BYC page...nice job on the coop! THe pics of the babies are really nice; I like that black background with them--really makes them show up! Glad you finally found us here!

Just got home form work at 5:50; LOOOOOng afternoon. It wasnt too bad though, my client wanted to go shopping at Shopko and I had a coupon so great! Come to find out that the coupon and the sale I was looking at starts on Thursday! Darn! There is a great sale on shoes and I want to get some new walking/town shoes. Mine are pretty yucky. The clearance was fantastic! Got some new toweld for the kitchen (badly needed) and some other stuff....not so badly needed but it was such a great deal ya know?
clap.gif

Raiquee...I heard on the way home that the bill passed! I sure hope you guys are among those that get their unemployment back! I would sure hate to work at McD's again like I was 16 all over!

So DrH--am I reading correctly that the "B"the "B"the "B" is Baaa-ack"? But Elvis has been lost in the massacre? I think that is what I understood anyhow...

I found some seeds at Bloggett's for Zukes and cukes. I guess I wont have the original varieties that I wanted but at least I will have some. IF anyone has connections, I need at least 60 more frost free days!!! Going out to get them planted NOW just in case we get some rain tonight...was disappointed last night but figured that since we had so much dew we wouldnt get any rain...for once I was right!
Terri O

welcome-byc.gif
...JMPE

I gave my cousin 4 pullets today. Some of you may remeber that DrH got one roo and the other went to my cousin. She has had a much better time keeping her chickens. She has 3 and 2 babies. Now I just gave her 4 more. Her roo...."Captain Jack Sparrow"....was SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! He couldn't dance fast enough or dig up worms fast enough. I thought he might hurt himself dancing to the new girls. But I had to laugh hard because they are in for a suprise. My cockerals aren't "doing their jobs" yet. So I call it....I don't have a working rooster yet.
lol.png

Spent some time in the pool again. Boy oh boy is that nice having a pool. It's clean!!!
smile.png
Not dirty, muddy, slimy, scummy, you know what, water. One lake near me we joke and call it "pee water paradice". So this is MUCH better.

Lazy days of summer!

Last edited:
Whew---got those seeds planted and a few pics taken and had to get back in here away from those terrible bugs!!! I must have 30 bites on my body! With one swat I know I got at least 4...I could see the blood splats!
sickbyc.gif

So I put the sprinkler on the new seeds to soak them in really well...now if we just get that rain in the next few days it will be ideal! The seeds should be up by the weekend.
ya.gif

So here are some of my gardens and a few other things thrown in too. I am going to post thumbs and you can click to make them bigger in case everyone doesnt have HS connections.

First, "a peaceful scene"

The corner of the big veggie garden. The sunflower is planted in the hollow trunk of our cedar that we lost this spring and I planted green beans around it. The geraniums my daughter started in her Ag class in HS.

Look what I have been picking for a few days now! THese were also started in Ag class. Dont know that variety, but man are they sweet! I dont really like determinate tomatoes but I am saving seeds from this one as an experiment.

Stuart and Monty's garden...sans Stuart and Monty
he.gif

The brussels sprouts (maybe by the weekend!)

The "road" garden. This one is overflowing with stuff and needs to be thinned...it is actually a rock garden and there is a waterfall in it...not that you can see it!

The lettuce garden.

"Nasty Boy" that I got from H&R. He has so much to do at my place that he doesnt have any time to be nasty! I think he is from her daughter's banty pair.

"Abe" and not a very good pic of him--from FM. He is a Salmon Fav and not sure what his place is yet. I trimmed some of his sideburns so he could see better. He would not let me get in front of him for a pic though.

Look! My Phoenix "Phoenix" is starting to grow his tail! He likes to fight with Nasty Boy, but they do it in fun I think.

Are ya sick of me yet????
smack.gif
I do love to take pics of my stuff! Here is the last one...he is saying "goodnight, sleep tight, dont let the bedbugs bite!" Hope you enjoyed the show! Terri O--ending with a "poem"

Lighting fried my modem so off to the store for a new one! Using my sis's computer now.

Big news here is interview at 3 PM tomorrow and I gave notice at the cheese plant.....

Ducks are doing well and growing like weeds.

Quote:
Hahaha, another victim done in!
cool.png

JMPE, glad you checked in. I got your pics of the PVC feeder, very clever - I think I can use that as a starting point, thank you. I'd like to incorporate a bucket at the top so the chicks don't run out of food when we leave for a weekend, ya know.

It rained here yesterday, and it rained again tonight - stop stop stop it! Everything is soggy and the slugs are getting so bad. Thank God the garden has good drainage - pulled peas, beans, chard and carrots out today. And a couple ripe cherry tomatoes, yum!

Annarie, luck to your duck on those eggs.
fl.gif
They're really pretty, all speckly. Oh, I am soooo tempted, just itching to get ducks. But have no place for them and not in any condition to build anything for a while. By the way, do you know when Pekins should start laying? Julie has a drake and 2 hens, hatched in late March, and hasn't seen eggs yet. And she's just in love with those Runners from you; they are hilarious to watch.

BL4, got fingers crossed for ya!

Terri, love the pics, everything is so lush. I can't believe those turtles ever thought the grass was greener some place else...

Thanks for the welcome. I had to go out an update my BYC page it was a little out of date. It's not much better now, but at least the grass is green
wink.png

Last summer I hauled and disposed of an incredible amount of junk from the inside of our 10x10 shed and started our coop. In August, we got our five girls and started our chicken adventure. Lovin' it! Even my DH admits he loves having them, but I doubt I will be able to expand at this point (which is the hardest part of having chickens).

Beautiful morning everyone! Thanks H&R hope your bating goes well too! Good thing the bator has windows. Come on Come on! Hurry up! TO that was good! I'm so glad B survived! Always enjoyed a good B session with her never failed for me to be laughing at her by the end. She's so funny. Nice pics too! fm I remember Capt. Jack sounds like he's glad to be da king. Bet the impressive dancing was fun to watch! BL4 good luck on the interview today. Sounds like things are starting to head in the direction you want. annarie cool beans on finding the nest. I'm sure you'll figure out something to do with them. Ended up with 3 qts of sweet chunk pickles and canned 2 qts of nanner peppers this morning. All sealed and will wait a couple of weeks before sampling. I chunked and deseeded the peppers BFF can't eat the seeds so I figured the least I could is make them eatable for him. Seeing as how I raided them from his garden. Think they'll go good with beer or on a sandwich with beer. Going to clean the back porch today along with the chimney. Takin a breack from wood making, might find time to fill in the driveway. Need to get some more fill soon. Better get back toit. Push Push Push. Good thing I enjoy doing it.

BL4....
ya.gif
...and....
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Another beautiful day! Gonna be in the pool again today. Too bad I'm so white, I never tan, no matter how hard I try. I have been using that spray tan for my legs and that helps, a little.

FAIR!!! We have the birds washed, powdered, tested etc. Now to get them to the fair tomorrow and set their cages up. Maggie has 10 birds going this year. By far the most we've ever taken. 8 chickens and 2 ducks. It will be interesting. It's the max you can take so at least I know next year she can't add more.

Anyone have any ideas for posters we can put in their cages. They are laminated signs. We have chicken jokes on three of them for one cage and then a chicken run scene on two of them for another cage. I need ideas for three more cages. They like more informative signs for the visitors. I don't know what to do but list facts. Would that be boring or anyone have any thing?

Come see us if you live around Glenwood City this weekend. Birds come tomorrow and stay until Sunday. We will be splitting our time between the poultry barn and llama tent. Our llamas are Leroy Brown, American Hero and Maggie is handler for Noche.

Back
Top Bottom