Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good morning everyone.

Jim great tips on plucking!

Ok so I have 3 ducks hatched, 1 almost there and 2 chicks starting to rock. I did loose 1 duck during the night, it pipped once got its beak out but never pipped again after that, the humidity did drop in the middle of the night to under 50 and the newly hatched duck knocked that egg around pretty good so who knows. This batch was a small batch just to see how this year would go since. No to bad in my book. This is only my second time trying (once last year with shipped eggs).

I do have one question though. I have a little giant, and am having issues keeping the humidity up for more than 1 day at a time. I tried putting a bowl in with water and paper towels in it but it didnt work. Luckly I was able to pour hot water in thru one of the ventilation holes to rewet some paper towel. But next hatch I would really like to be able to go into lock down without the humidity going up and down.
Thanks

Well, I did not win the Megabucks...... but if I did......

http://appleton.craigslist.org/reo/3688291109.html

$575 / 3br - 2300ft² - 72 acre hobby farm (Waupaca)

3Ma3J73H25I25G75Mdd3i416cd6261b941f15.jpg
I am downsizing and have my 72 acre hobby farm for sale. It is located in the rolling hills near Waupaca WI. About half wooded and half open farm land currently in hay. Excellent hunting, road access, and close to Waupaca, Amherst and Stevens Point. All the buildings have been restored to original condition and are in very nice condition.
I have a line of machinery for making hay I would sell outside of the farm sale.
The price is $575,000.00 cash as is. No games just a straight forward deal. This is the bottom of the real estate market the value has only one way to go from here.
715-570-9182

I'll keep dreaming.....

Nice place..

Good morning..
What a nice morning..It is actually not freezing yet. I am taking the chicks out for a breath of fresh air. We should be heading into weather above freezing for the rest of the week!! Maybe the snow will finally go away!

Have a great day!!

I'm going garden crazy - that's like stir crazy for the smell of dirt on my hands - so I started some plants tonight - hopefully I'm not too early with them! Several kinds of tomatoes, marigolds & zinnias to begin with. Am I jumping the gun for this area (zone 5b I believe)? What else can I start now? I usually plant right in the garden so I have no idea!

I'm with TO - going to bed to read and then snooze. G'night all!!
I think I am going to start seedlings this week. I've done it before earlier and had weak leggy plants, no good. Depending on weather i won't plant out until the very end of May or even first week of June.

Well, I did not win the Megabucks...... but if I did......

http://appleton.craigslist.org/reo/3688291109.html

$575 / 3br - 2300ft² - 72 acre hobby farm (Waupaca)

3Ma3J73H25I25G75Mdd3i416cd6261b941f15.jpg
I am downsizing and have my 72 acre hobby farm for sale. It is located in the rolling hills near Waupaca WI. About half wooded and half open farm land currently in hay. Excellent hunting, road access, and close to Waupaca, Amherst and Stevens Point. All the buildings have been restored to original condition and are in very nice condition.
I have a line of machinery for making hay I would sell outside of the farm sale.
The price is $575,000.00 cash as is. No games just a straight forward deal. This is the bottom of the real estate market the value has only one way to go from here.
715-570-9182

I'll keep dreaming.....
droolin.gif

Forecast says 40's every day after tomorrow,
ya.gif

We did not get snow...yea! I had a thought (I know dangerous right?), if you feed your chickens egg shells that were dyed with commercial (not natural) dyes would it effect the eggs that they lay? I know that some of those dyes (red) do not break down easily...if anyone tries it let me know.
So how is this for God's plan....as you all know we put an offer on this house that we are renting. So yesterday after culling our chickens and making plans to pick up our babies, we got a call from the sellers real estate agent who said the appraiser wanted to come over today. How perfect! As we are not supposed to have chickens (and for the moment, we don't), we agreed, pushed back our plans with Delisha to pick up our chicks and a huge sigh of relief for perfect timing was heard all around. Our agent said that this means they are close to closing! Yeah, we may own our home soon!
So of course we did a mad, caffeine induced dash through the house last night to get it presetable for company. We are ready for them to come, short of hiding the brooder and other chicken related items that are in the garage.
I am soooo excited!
Cuties-did you show the pics of Mr. Gibs to your kiddos?

Hey, FYI for local Waupaca area chickenlovers!!

Fairgrounds Calendar

Fox Valley Rabbit Club Small Animal Swap

Start Date/Time: Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:00 PM
End Date/Time: Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:30 PM
Recurring Event: One time event
Importance: Normal Priority
Category:
Fairgrounds Event

Description:
Multipurpose/Showring. For more information contact Dennis Roloff at 715-467-2272
Owned by Kristy Harris On Thursday, January 10, 2013

I am selling 2, 7 week old polish. My daughter picked them out and now decided that she doesn't want them. They are not friendly enough for her. They are a little to skiddish. I have had them for 3 weeks now. I am selling both together and would like to get $30 for the pair. I have them on craigslist for $40 but for BYC'ers I will take $30. I am in Mosinee. PM me if interested.

good morning,
enjoying my first cuppa..

I can remember snow in the ditches and shady places on Easter,, but never snow cover all over..

we lost about 5 inches in the past two days..

I am going to try to get at least one more roof section up today.. it is a real challenge to hoist that section 8 feet up by myself..

I have to make a trip to F&F this morning.. I have to decide what kind of hinges I am going to use.
I am leaning toward galvanized strap hinges.. I wanted to use the peg and hole hinges like on dog pen gates,, but F&F did not have them the last time I checked..

I also have to set up my hatcher.. eggs are due at the end of this week..

so much to do and there is only one of me...

neat picture of the rainbow landing on the house,, $575,000.oo there really is a pot O' gold at the end of the rainbow !!!

120 posts behind. whew...

We had a great weekend! My son came home the 135lb state wrestling champ
big_smile.png
.. kinda a proud momma :)

dcba.. soo sorry to hear about your flock.

Congrats to all on your hatches and chicks!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
I hope mine are still coming in April!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom