Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Does anyone near the Waupaca, Weyauwega, Appleton area have any chicks due to hatch soon? I have two Broodies sitting on invisible eggs and they dont want to quit. Sex links/hens would be preferred. Message me if you have some itty-bitties available. I didn't want ant more chickens this year, but I feel bad for the broodies.

Lisa

Cc thankyou for the offer. I will probably hit you up on it after this situation is resolved.

So sorry to hear about that, cuties. Unfortunately, you will need solid proof (caught on video) before you can do anything, and then I would go to the police first and inform them of the incident before confronting the neighbor, just to cover your butt in case they flip out at you. That way, the police are already aware of the situation. And if they are really nice, they will take care of it for you.

I had a similar problem with a new neighbor letting their 2 hounds run all over creation. The town even called me informing me another neighbor was complaining of "my" dogs in their yard, and they wanted to know why "my" dogs weren't registered with the town for rabies. Um, well, that's because I don't OWN a dog! And the neighbor thought they were mine because the owner never kept them in their yard.
barnie.gif
Then the owners had a Packer party & invited their friends and all of their hounds too. Last flippin straw........... I called the sherriff, who, upon pulling up to my house & getting out of his car, was swarmed by 6 hounds. I thought he was going to wet himself. I almost did from laughter. Luckily, the dogs were all friendly, but he jumped right back into his car & went next door. Never had an issue since. I hope you are as fortunate.
hugs.gif

Ah,,,,,, glad I'm not the only one who has neighbor issues !!!!
hide.gif
Good luck figuring it out cuties. Hopefully your camera will help you find the culprit and it will be a simpler solution.... ie skunk, or coon or something.
Good to see you back CC !

I can't sleep,,,,, gonna be a long day !!! I had another call from someone at 9:30pm about the horses. I asked if they called the neighbors number. Yep but no answer.
somad.gif

Hey TO, glad you got the job...... so you are giving up on the old people and going for the nice young ones hey? Granny Nanny at your service ???? LOL

Lucky kids if they will be coming to your house. You need to get some ponies now !!! LOL What a fun place for kids !!!

French, you COULD post those horses on CL with the neighbor's #......
hide.gif

Feeling pretty good this morning, not too sore! Just hacking up a lung every now and again. Great time at TO's! DH was in his element; I think he misses doing that kind of work, he sure had fun! Tossing hay bales like they were nothing....

Today is Camo day for homecoming week. This is how my oldest DD went to school:

Anyway, I should motivate. Have a good one everybody!

She is so cute. Looks just like you!

I hope it is not their dog. But I have had coyote take my birds twice. Both times they bring them back to the den. And a couple by hawk. The birds are too heavy for the hawks. They sit in the yard and eat what they can.
The dog on the other hand; bird completely gone. But the pluck every feather off and leave it in a huge pile for me to cry over and clean up. We have a very chopy yard. Lots of buildings. And lines of pines. Do you think it will be enough evidence if I have trail camera pics of the dogs in my yard and feather? I do not know how well my chances of getting her on camera eating the birds are.
The other thing is I want to leave the chesse out while we are gone. He stays home. But twice when he attacked the husky, he owed her through the fence. Both times he stopped at the ditch. My fear is he follows her out, and then he can't get back in. Both times this happened he went to the gate and waited for us to open it. I have done a test run. Left him out for 3 hours. All was well when we got home. But if she is there, what if they get nto it, and he is injured. These are just things runni g through my head. Im just rambling because I am upset.

Frenchie, it s sad about those horses. I wish I had $ I would buy them all and send them to training. NEIGHBORS CAN BE A PAIN.

Does anyone near the Waupaca, Weyauwega, Appleton area have any chicks due to hatch soon? I have two Broodies sitting on invisible eggs and they dont want to quit. Sex links/hens would be preferred. Message me if you have some itty-bitties available. I didn't want ant more chickens this year, but I feel bad for the broodies.

Lisa
If you feel like a road trip I have eggs in the bator ready to hatch in the next few days.

I hope it is not their dog. But I have had coyote take my birds twice. Both times they bring them back to the den. And a couple by hawk. The birds are too heavy for the hawks. They sit in the yard and eat what they can.
The dog on the other hand; bird completely gone. But the pluck every feather off and leave it in a huge pile for me to cry over and clean up. We have a very chopy yard. Lots of buildings. And lines of pines. Do you think it will be enough evidence if I have trail camera pics of the dogs in my yard and feather? I do not know how well my chances of getting her on camera eating the birds are.
The other thing is I want to leave the chesse out while we are gone. He stays home. But twice when he attacked the husky, he owed her through the fence. Both times he stopped at the ditch. My fear is he follows her out, and then he can't get back in. Both times this happened he went to the gate and waited for us to open it. I have done a test run. Left him out for 3 hours. All was well when we got home. But if she is there, what if they get nto it, and he is injured. These are just things runni g through my head. Im just rambling because I am upset.

Frenchie, it s sad about those horses. I wish I had $ I would buy them all and send them to training. NEIGHBORS CAN BE A PAIN.
One thing you can do is what your instincts tell you to do and that is get electric fence. They make special hot fences for chickens that can be powdered by solar energy. I will be investing in that fence next spring a section at a time. It will let me put the birds out with out supervision and let me leave the coop open at night when it is hot.

If you feel like a road trip I have eggs in the bator ready to hatch in the next few days.

One thing you can do is what your instincts tell you to do and that is get electric fence. They make special hot fences for chickens that can be powdered by solar energy. I will be investing in that fence next spring a section at a time. It will let me put the birds out with out supervision and let me leave the coop open at night when it is hot.
will it be strong enough to deter an absessed dog tho?

will it be strong enough to deter an absessed dog tho?

What about a cat???? Oops,.forgot, kitties don't harm chickies. ;)

Seriously, so.sorry for all.the dog troubles everyone, I totally understand it can be so frustrating when people are either just so clueless or heartless to be responsible pet owners or good neighbors. I have had no problems with bear dogs since I grabbed that one, locked it our garage and waited to confront its owner. Guess the word spread fast that people around here know their property rights and aren't afraid to exercise them.
(No more sign of the kitty either BTW ;) )

TERRI- super congrats on the job!!! (Hoping the new drug arrives today, keep you posted how it works)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom