Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I hope you are feeling better Cindy.
hugs.gif

My main lavender roo was toes up this afternoon.
sad.png
Looks like he just laid down & keeled. Not a mark on him, and only had 1 other roo in the main pen with him. So now that one roo must really be on cloud 9 with 25 girls all to himself.

I'm not happy it was one of my lavenders who kicked it, but at least it was a rooster & not a hen. Whew!

Feeling the sick stuff here too Cind. Me and suzie are both down in bed most of the day. Hoping we see some improvement tomorrow...it's been hangin since Monday for both of us.

Loped out to the coops a couple times a day...up to 6 eggs a day now without much sunshine...things are picking up with the hens for sure. Now I need the meds to kick in....nothing worse than feeling sick. It's been years since either one of us felt like this.

Bummer Robin, sorry to hear about that. I hate losing the boys when they get along pretty good, and the flock is happy with their antics.

Time for bed... bigz

Thanks Brent. He was a good boy.

Sorry to hear you & Suzie are feeling poorly. There is definitely something going around. My mom got sick on Monday also & is still trying to shake it. I hope you are both feeling netter real soon, and you too Cind.
hugs.gif

Hi All.

Yea, it's a weird sick.... Not throwing up or fever, just achy and drained. My whole body feels like restless legs. Hope you and Suzie feel better soon. Your Mom too CC.And DON'T YOU GET IT! Sorry about your roo.

Maybe this "sick" is why so few have posted?

Night All.

My wife and one of the kids had that bug, almost a week before the need for extra sleep passes. My 6yo was napping a lot and asking to go to bed an hour early, both had low appetite too.

Fluids and sleep is all they needed.

It started here a few weeks ago. I actually called in sick one day. I haven't tossed my cookies in decades,but I felt fatigued as heck. My 16 year old stayed home from school today.
My left hand is still giving me issues. I went to the clinic Tue AM,and they told me MAYBE arthritis. Gave me an anti-inflammatory and steroid script. swelling is down,but still hurts. Tough to go to work,but I gotta pay the bills. I'm seeing my family Dr. in April,I hope it's OK till then,I'll have to have him do more extensive testing.

good morning,

all cuppa'd up and ready to head to town.

finally got the coop door to stay closed all night . going to open the pop door so the old flock can get outside. the new girls don't seem to like the snow.

still waiting for the big flood of eggs. getting only 6 per day.

other than that, like Cindy, nothing new here.

.......jiminwisc........

Hi All.

Yea, it's a weird sick.... Not throwing up or fever, just achy and drained. My whole body feels like restless legs. Hope you and Suzie feel better soon. Your Mom too CC.And DON'T YOU GET IT! Sorry about your roo.

Maybe this "sick" is why so few have posted?

Night All.
Yes ma'am, and thank you.
hugs.gif

Mom was going to stop by today but I told her to rest. She has a raspy sore throat too. Feel better soon everyone.

Happy birthday Annie!

Annie says thank you..

It is too soon to tell, but the egg production went up to 7 toady.. maybe there is hope for the newbies yet..

Otherwise I will have to figure out who the layers are and off with their heads of the rest .

.......jiminwisc.....

Back
Top Bottom