Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good evening! WOW--so many many posts! Had a good time at the horse show today--Now I am just hot...got a bit of sunburn when the sun finally decided to pop out. I need some ice water...AAHHH! I have been drinking ice water with fresh lime--LOVE IT! (and NO alcohol---Frenchie!)

I too was diagnosed with Fibro. By my regular doctor...one day the pain in my joints was so bad; that was the day the PA decided to run the Eliza test for Celiac. FOund out that gluten was the culprit and quit eating (and drinking) all gluten containing things. Which, incidentally were some of my absolute faves. I dont miss wheat and rye but boy do I ever miss the barley and the malt! So long story short...3 days later I did not have any more joint pain! When I woke up that day I couldnt believe that something you were SUPPOSED to be eating could make you feel so bad!
For anyone with any type of autoimmune diseases I heartily recommend that you stop eating gluten. Do it for a 2 week trial...you wont die without it and might even find out that you feel much better! Fingers crossed!
fl.gif

So here is my daughter after the show today:

I just love how his forelock looks after she takes his braids out! They did very well but he refused a jump in the last class. Since it was a schooling show she was able to work him on it until she got him over...he was pretty tired!

THe sweet potatoes are growing! They have perked up and look good. THe garden looks very nice! Bigz I found your Hubbard seeds and they are growing the BEST of all the squash seed I planted. I am very disappointed in the Sweet Dumpling (1) and the Buttercup(1) The Butternut has 4 or 5 up. I think I will have to replant some beans and some spinach...neither has appeared!

Speaking of gardens...GARLIC! It's starting to form the scapes. THe twist is in the stem and they are just starting on the ends. I know there is something I have to do now...Dan? Can you refresh my sad memory? Thanks Buddy!

JJ I just remembered about that gigantic banana squash...better get it in! I only have the watermelon to put in...and it is 85 days so I might have enough time!

It has just started to pour here! We certainly have had our share of rain the past few days. Wonder how much we will get this time? My rain gauge is broken so I never know unless I look on line.

Guess I better get moving to bed...I kind of feel like I want a snack though...
Sweet dreams! TerriO

Last edited:
Raining again here.... should be another not fun night with the dog......
he.gif

DH has been working on repairing his skid steer this week- we have a Mustang 940E that now has locked hydraulic pedals, he is trying to trouble shoot the problem- and is looking for the electrical schematics as the pile of books he has doesn't include it.....
he.gif

Do any of you grow blueberries? Wondering how to add acid to the soil?

you use sulfur to lower pH,,,,the amount depends on your soil test,,,,when planting use peat moss in the hole,,,make sure it is "not" pH corrected peat moss

"GARLIC! It's starting to form the scapes. THe twist is in the stem and they are just starting on the ends. I know there is something I have to do now...Dan? Can you refresh my sad memory? "

Terri,,,,you cut off the scapes when they reach a full curl,,,,use in a pesto or use as "fresh" garlic,,,,mine will be ready in a week or 2,,,,late spring

danheadingtobedwithfignewtonsandmilk

(yes I am officially and old fart when I go to bed with FIG newtons!)

Last edited:
Do any of you know if anyplace around Wausau sells those red chicken nipples for waterers? I want to get one built before all this really hot weather starts. Thanks much!!!!

Good evening! WOW--so many many posts! Had a good time at the horse show today--Now I am just hot...got a bit of sunburn when the sun finally decided to pop out. I need some ice water...AAHHH! I have been drinking ice water with fresh lime--LOVE IT! (and NO alcohol---Frenchie!) I too was diagnosed with Fibro. By my regular doctor...one day the pain in my joints was so bad; that was the day the PA decided to run the Eliza test for Celiac. FOund out that gluten was the culprit and quit eating (and drinking) all gluten containing things. Which, incidentally were some of my absolute faves. I dont miss wheat and rye but boy do I ever miss the barley and the malt! So long story short...3 days later I did not have any more joint pain! When I woke up that day I couldnt believe that something you were SUPPOSED to be eating could make you feel so bad! For anyone with any type of autoimmune diseases I heartily recommend that you stop eating gluten. Do it for a 2 week trial...you wont die without it and might even find out that you feel much better! Fingers crossed! :fl So here is my daughter after the show today: I just love how his forelock looks after she takes his braids out! They did very well but he refused a jump in the last class. Since it was a schooling show she was able to work him on it until she got him over...he was pretty tired! THe sweet potatoes are growing! They have perked up and look good. THe garden looks very nice! Bigz I found your Hubbard seeds and they are growing the BEST of all the squash seed I planted. I am very disappointed in the Sweet Dumpling (1) and the Buttercup(1) The Butternut has 4 or 5 up. I think I will have to replant some beans and some spinach...neither has appeared! Speaking of gardens...GARLIC! It's starting to form the scapes. THe twist is in the stem and they are just starting on the ends. I know there is something I have to do now...Dan? Can you refresh my sad memory? Thanks Buddy! JJ I just remembered about that gigantic banana squash...better get it in! I only have the watermelon to put in...and it is 85 days so I might have enough time! It has just started to pour here! We certainly have had our share of rain the past few days. Wonder how much we will get this time? My rain gauge is broken so I never know unless I look on line. Guess I better get moving to bed...I kind of feel like I want a snack though... Sweet dreams! TerriO
They tested me for celiliac and I tested normal. Not the culprit in my case. They also checked for a bunch of other stuff like Lymes. Nada... Great job at the horse show!

Quote: I always do my kitchen last....lol..chickens first.
Am I the only one that runs outside and checks to make sure my coop and garden looks good for company before checking the house??? Why yes Vic.. I think you ARE the only one! I'm suprised you dont have fancy dress saddles for the girls when company visits! :D
She probably does
And then there are those who don't have to check the house........cause you don't let anyone in anyway !!!! LOL I never have my whole house clean at the same time....Might be the bedroom one day, bathroom the next, kitchen... last..... livingroom another day....problem is you have to go thru my kitchen to get to the living room !!!!
th.gif

I spent all day cleaning my chicks and ducklings pens..... went outside to plant some more. Then we decided to go out for dinner.....came home and looked like I had done nothing to them.... They are getting way to big to be inside.... the older ducks are outside but not the young ones......So again..... clean, feed and water them all..... no wonder I don't have time to cook !!!
th.gif
It can stop raining now.... my garden is in for the most part.... Now the animals need some warm weather, as does the garden so I can clean my house !!!
th.gif

Oh that's a bad one FT!
lau.gif

Hi All!

In many ways I'm so jealous of those of you that got tested and found what was wrong. I know it sounds weird, but no insurance, little money and feeling like crap and in pain...
idunno.gif
Well, I have life insurance.

Nice Pics again! I love the water ones too! Have to learn to use my camera better.
hmm.png
I have a Canon PowerShot S5 IS You think it would be simple enough, but hey, most complex one I ever had! I even got lenses and filters. I got it when we were going to do estate appraisal but that kinda petered out.

I know there was more... that's what I get for trying to read, work, read, eat, read work...cleaned out one of the freezers.

Well, the "abandon" chicks were all accounted for at roost time. Hope it stays that way!

Night All!

Good Morning! Once again not going to read the boat load of posts. Sorry! Hope everyone is good! Think I'm just going to check in from time to time. I'm getting sick of all the rain and thus all the water. Garden is 50% under AGAIN! Maters are rotting from the bottom up. Doesn't look too promising for any of it. On the upside got the Fiord loader frame welded up yesterday brought it home and put the dirt bucket back on. Going to put the back blade on it after I change the mounting pins. But first going to clear some more area from behind where the new garage is going. Have decided to pour the slab myself along with help of course. That should save me a couple of G's. Chickens are doing good and no losses from the big puddy tat but have noticed the rabbit population is greatly diminished so it's still around. Toby will NOT be sleeping today! 4:15 wake up this AM. Have to go dump the rain gage before it tips over and release the Kracken.

Back
Top Bottom