Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well I haven't been on in a while took a while to read all the posts. All 130 something..

Two days ago, youngest, Michael got baptized. Then later that night went night fishing with my cousin and my dad on Perch Lake. Very small lake, only a couple of acres, but over 100 ft deep. Caught 4 nice rainbows around 11 using a sinker, worm and corn. really fun.
The rest of the time I was at football. Will be leaving for evening practice in 3 hours. Last one
celebrate.gif
!!

Sorry about your loss, Jelinek11.

Everybody is doing good here. All chicks are great. Replacements should be here next week. Hoping that goes well. My pullets should start laying any day now.... just waitin. Got rid of one roo Sun, that is nice. One less to feed.

Well going out to check on the birds.

Hi again!
Well we're home from the great adventure to Jim's to get the birds from Terri :D. Met some of the friendliest, wonderful, regular folks around and we loved it! We arrived a little early and Terri was a little late so we had a nice time chatting with Jim and checking out the new greenhouse. We went in for a cuppa just as Annie came home then close behind was Terri. Had a lot of fun and wish we could have stuck around to pick berries and chat some more but we had a long way to go and had to get the new babies home. Besides, I left hubby with a cranky unhappy sick puppy in a cone of shame so had to get home while his sanity was still intact. I still wish I could have had the chance to get to know Annie and Terri. Just at hello I felt they were friends. Such nice ladies.

Jim - how is Ollie? Were the tractor doctors able to make him better?

Terri - how did the berry picking go? I love the new little girls! They are really sweet .

Now I better go out and put blankets on everybody. It's supposed to hit the low 30's tonight and frost would not surprise me, sigh. The new babies are going to get to spend the night in the guest bedroom :hugs

Good evening,

nice to see you again Joe, thanks Heather for rattlin' his cage

haven't seen Jim on today, must have spent the morning cleaning for company now he's all worn out

Made the move and bought some 3 month old BSL pullets, my girls are holding out and I need steady egg production. Sales pay the feed bill here and I know some of the older hens need replacing. I do have 25+ young pullets coming along but I also plan to hatch or sell most of the Chantecler and Amaraucana eggs next year, so this will fill the need for my customers.

The yard sounds like "party horns" as DD says, lots of young cockerels soon to get penned and thinned.

I guess puts me at around 110 birds right now, can someone refresh me on chicken math?

bbl

dandraggingoutwarmshirtsalready

Last edited:
WOW I've missed a lot. Jel got the gist of the loss of your father I'm so very sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
And T.O. a South Park Avitar? ATTA Girl! I see we have some new people so BIG WELCOME TO YOUS GUYS !!!!!!!! Think Heather was yankin my chain saying Jim missed my wit. To be honest I missed his. But here's a little story he will relate to. As I told Heather still have all my fingers and toes but the other day I peeled the hide off of my right thumb with the ham dammer and it was bleeding bad enough that it impeded my progress [don't know if it was the tears or the blood] so I went in and put a band aid on it came back out and with the first swing smacked the knuckle good and proper. That knuckle has taken more abuse over the years than any knuckle should be subjected to. Can't believe it still works.
hu.gif
Anyway the panels on the overhead door are up just have to build the support brackets for the ends of the tracks. Happy with the progress
clap.gif
The garage is now closed in.
wee.gif
Won't be long until it's over full of good stuff.

A proper woman does NOT rattle a man's chain and tell.... ;-)

And yes Terri, thanks so much for the berry picture just to tease me. I had always suspected you were a tease, it has now been confirmed!

Little Lady and all her cute chickies.

Question on lavender orps, if one is spotty is it a splash or mottled in that breed?
Neither..Some lavenders(most) bleed base color. You often see lavenders with gold, white or red leakage. It is not a desirable trait.
WOW I've missed a lot. Jel got the gist of the loss of your father I'm so very sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
And T.O. a South Park Avitar? ATTA Girl! I see we have some new people so BIG WELCOME TO YOUS GUYS !!!!!!!! Think Heather was yankin my chain saying Jim missed my wit. To be honest I missed his. But here's a little story he will relate to. As I told Heather still have all my fingers and toes but the other day I peeled the hide off of my right thumb with the ham dammer and it was bleeding bad enough that it impeded my progress [don't know if it was the tears or the blood] so I went in and put a band aid on it came back out and with the first swing smacked the knuckle good and proper. That knuckle has taken more abuse over the years than any knuckle should be subjected to. Can't believe it still works.
hu.gif
Anyway the panels on the overhead door are up just have to build the support brackets for the ends of the tracks. Happy with the progress
clap.gif
The garage is now closed in.
wee.gif
Won't be long until it's over full of good stuff.
gig.gif

Nice to see you
A proper woman does NOT rattle a man's chain and tell.... ;-)

And yes Terri, thanks so much for the berry picture just to tease me. I had always suspected you were a tease, it has now been confirmed!
barnie.gif

Where are the pictures? A proper woman would not make me wait.

How can I get the bestest pretty pictures when they freak out when I come near them? How can I truly impress with half@ss pics?
Put a temp pen out front on the grass and toss some bird seed in the grass. It will not take them long..its grass. They will have a ball. You will be able to enjoy them and click away. Baby's love grass. If you have any peat moss laying around, put a handful in one of the corners.

Back
Top Bottom