Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yep, another BOY! 7lbs 9oz, 20in long. Born at 3:07 at home in the water. We are both doing great. Not fully certain on the name yet. He does have a lot of dark hair though and a good set of lungs. Thanks for all the well wishes!!

Who gets the guessing prize?

CONGRATULATIONS!!  I'm so happy for you!!! :yiipchick   We need a smiley that throws blue confetti!:weee

A DEFINITE X2!!!!

Yeah Amy Big Fam maybe she will catch up to you with all those boys!! Not much new here been dealing with some strange illness knocking off 1 bird at a time taking in a poop sample tomorrow! Have a few little d'uccle chicks hatching today! Hope everyone is doing well with all the craziness between chickens and families! :)

[COLOR=0000FF]Congratulations!!![/COLOR]:jumpy on your "hatch"! Hi all! Well, BLRW is a tasty bird. Here is some Pics of the other 2 Beautiful birds! I got to learn to use my camera better :/ They all seemed to have some round and some pointy feathers. Down to 7 poults already, she seems to "loose" them :rant she's about as bad as the guineas! Well, I know there was probably more, but CRS.... Night All!

Hmmm those BLRW sure look a lot like Xanadu my "hen"? Delisha what stands out on these to make you believe they are boys? I am pretty positive the Xanadu is a sassy hen, as I have seen the roos interested in her and her personality says hen. But not seeing a lot of difference between CIndladys and mine....

Congrats Amy! Healthy boy hooray!

This is what i did yesterday and it was pretty cool. getting things ready for the spring!

Say I know someone asked about this last week and I dont remember who it was or if they got a response.... I have a pear tree that the branches are so full they are breaking off, but the pears are small and not ripe yet. I have had to pick some to relieve the branches that are not yet broken...what would you do and what can I make with mini pears... fruit leather maybe?

Hmmm those BLRW sure look a lot like Xanadu my "hen"? Delisha what stands out on these to make you believe they are boys? I am pretty positive the Xanadu is a sassy hen, as I have seen the roos interested in her and her personality says hen. But not seeing a lot of difference between CIndladys and mine....

Check the feathers just before the tail. If they are round, girl. Pointy, boy.

Congrats Amy! Healthy boy hooray! This is what i did yesterday and it was pretty cool. getting things ready for the spring! Say I know someone asked about this last week and I dont remember who it was or if they got a response.... I have a pear tree that the branches are so full they are breaking off, but the pears are small and not ripe yet. I have had to pick some to relieve the branches that are not yet broken...what would you do and what can I make with mini pears... fruit leather maybe?
Leather would work and to make it better, cook em down first with white grape juice to sweeten em up. Did it before, yum! BTW - I use the same technique with wild plums for leather and butter. Love the outfits! You look like something out of an apocalypse movie!

Last edited:

Quote: Post a picture and lets take a look..

Those are boys because of wattles, comb, and pretty shinny hack and saddle feathers.

girl..no shinny feathers..very small comb..narrow and feminine

Boy Saddle feathers already visible at 14 weeks old. They are not shinny yet, but, will be soon. No hack feathers yet..but they are now. Comb already looking *male*.

Back
Top Bottom