Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Windy Chilly one here today....tough to hear about the ducks bl4. Hope you stay a Cheeshead too!

Congrats on the hatch rockn. Not bad at all....

Cuties my brahma hens are beautiful and huge....It's my fault that I lost my huge pretty roo late last fall when he got into the sunflowers that had tipped over in the lawn and became moldy....I thought they wouldn't bother them....He was the only one that did, and it was a sad slow event for sure....just have the two hens now.....I'm like really P'D at myself about it yet.

We never canned chicken either. We always freeze it. I would buy another new freezer and not take chances on losing all the valuable meat in a used one that might fail. You are young enough to see value in buying new.

Thanks for starting a new bash thread Terri......I was gonna give you a call and see how you are doing. I know you are really busy. Ah, to be young and busy like that.
wink.png

bigz

Miss, I am so sorry :,(
you willnremain a partnof the thread because we ♡
2665.png
you.

Rockn, do not feel too had. I was a total helper myself. But I learned the hard way those chicks usually do not hatch for a reason. And I was putting the others at risk of drying out by opening things up. I leave chicks in there for 12-24 hours now. And have a much better hatch rate since I am not always opening things.

Aw Bigz. So sorry. Wish I would have known sooner. Kildare just butchered a cockeral from our lines.
When ours start laying again I will gladly send some your way. I have just two males atm. But we will need to get you set back up.

bl4-sad news about your duckies! But I do agree with everyone that you should definitely stay here. You will move out of that town eventually and get yourself some more critters!

Has anyone heard from Del? I hope her surgery went well.

So far, 2015 has been pretty sh!tty.

I just received word from my FIL that an ermine must have broken into the duck pen. So now I really have no reason to be a member of this forum, all of my birds are dead.

hit.gif

I will miss them all. Funny tough little Checkers, who though he was as tough as a Terrier; sweet Jules who was such a good mamma; and the only baby from last summer Mischa.

I'm so sorry babylady. Please stay connected with us here.

I'm sorry for your losses bl4.

Yep, wish I had known, I kept the best of the LB cockerels and found a home for him.
By the way....is there a secret to getting the LB hen to use the nest box.

So far, 2015 has been pretty sh!tty.

I just received word from my FIL that an ermine must have broken into the duck pen. So now I really have no reason to be a member of this forum, all of my birds are dead.

hit.gif

I will miss them all. Funny tough little Checkers, who though he was as tough as a Terrier; sweet Jules who was such a good mamma; and the only baby from last summer Mischa.

OH NO! How sad! I trapped one years back and had him stuffed before he could get to the chickaroos but then a raccoon dug under the fence, killed several and scattered the rest. Trapped her, too, then also got the daddy and young'uns. What a mess they make and heartbreak they bring! I hope you try again and succeed!! XOXO

Windy Chilly one here today....tough to hear about the ducks bl4. Hope you stay a Cheeshead too!

Congrats on the hatch rockn. Not bad at all....

Cuties my brahma hens are beautiful and huge....It's my fault that I lost my huge pretty roo late last fall when he got into the sunflowers that had tipped over in the lawn and became moldy....I thought they wouldn't bother them....He was the only one that did, and it was a sad slow event for sure....just have the two hens now.....I'm like really P'D at myself about it yet.

We never canned chicken either. We always freeze it. I would buy another new freezer and not take chances on losing all the valuable meat in a used one that might fail. You are young enough to see value in buying new.

Thanks for starting a new bash thread Terri......I was gonna give you a call and see how you are doing. I know you are really busy. Ah, to be young and busy like that.
wink.png

bigz

You are probably right, bigz. We should just invest in a new deep freeze. Much cheaper than loosing a bunch of meat if a used one were to croak.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm only interested in the best and would not care for a lesser bird that was left over. I really feel I had that, and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do...maybe just wait and see what the future brings.....whatever that means, I'm not sure. Maybe hatching eggs from quality stock is an option too.

My good neighbors wife died....funeral on Friday. It's been a lot of that lately...dang nice people leaving all the time for the heavens above. The world is gonna miss all these good folks. Life goes on, I know...but without some of them, it won't be the same.

Hot ham and cheese tonight with southwestern beans.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom