Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

BigZ, so sorry you lost your big roo! He was a hoot to watch strutting around your yard.

Thanks everyone, yeah it sucks. I always loved how Checkers acted like a typical terrier; too big for his britches! I know my in-laws will miss them too, they thought they were pretty funny little things. I actually think it was a weasel that got into their pen; the top lid of their shelter had warped just a bit so there was a slight gap when it was latched shut. That was all it needed. My poor MIL found them. DH wants to sit up all night out there hunting the dang thing down, but I can't fault the animal, it was just doing what it does. We should have fixed the pen, I thought it was an issue but forgot about it so it is my fault.

Of course we JUST bought a big bag of duck food too.

And I will stick around and be a PITA just because I can. ;) I will have to wait on getting more birds though, we have to relocate first.

Miss, I am so sorry :,(
you willnremain a partnof the thread because we ♡
2665.png
you.

Rockn, do not feel too had. I was a total helper myself. But I learned the hard way those chicks usually do not hatch for a reason. And I was putting the others at risk of drying out by opening things up. I leave chicks in there for 12-24 hours now. And have a much better hatch rate since I am not always opening things.

Aw Bigz. So sorry. Wish I would have known sooner. Kildare just butchered a cockeral from our lines.
When ours start laying again I will gladly send some your way. I have just two males atm. But we will need to get you set back up.
It is really hard to not want to help. They are so cute and fluffy! I always tell myself I won't help, but if something is obvious, I always try to. Guess I need to work on that. My fiancé says, "when you have livestock, you have deadstock". It is just part of it.

Back
Top Bottom