Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Ok need some help and thought I would ask my experts here. Warning graphic pic. Thought this was a prolapse but after soaking in an Epsom salt bath for a while discovered this is more a red mass under where she would have a prolapse. It is mushy and not hard. It is bright red skin on this sack. But I believe she is still laying do doesn't seem to bother her too much.
[/IMG]

Kristi, I hope somebody jumps on here and helps you out.... I have no clue.

Surprise, surprise, these people made me management! I have my own desk, phone line, copy/fax/printer, computer........
th.gif
I guess this means I need to produce results...... and be a grown up.
wink.png

Start tomorrow at 6 am....... it is going to be a long day.....
caf.gif

I may have to have people over for cinnamon rolls on Saturday!!!!! Keep me posted on who is showing up at the swap!

Wow Kristi, I have nothing to offer. Worst I ever had was soak a hen I epsom salt for prolapse. But she didn't look anything like that.
I would only be able to offer be careful if you put her back in the coop the others may want to peck at her.
congrats Miss :) don't forget the coffee ;)
Jim, I'd be curious to know the other breeds. Did you tell him to pay us a visit?
Birdmam, sounds like you have been VERY busy!

So a few posts on her sound similar with anything from a hernia to egg buildup like a tumor to another diseasemimcant remember. But no one bothered her before and she is acting normal. I will keep soaking her in Epsom salt and try antibiotics. Not,sure what else to do right now.

I hope everyone had a great Easter! Snow here this morning. Kids loved it. Best wishes for new jobs and chicken problems! Congrats to those with new birds. I was a couple pages behind. I wish I could help you kristip!

Wow..... I am not known as a sappy, emotional person.... But just as I got on here they started playing Shinedown's "Second Chance" on the radio and I broke down thinking about JonPaul and how much I miss him
hit.gif
there I go again d@mn it
hit.gif
hit.gif
http://www.last.fm/music/Shinedown/_/Second+Chance

Ok.... I think I can do this now.

I got 1 Blue Ameraucana (expensive!), 3 Welsummers, 2 white Cochins, 4 Assorted Rare Breeds, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Assorted Brown Egg Layers. I don't NEED 15 birds, I was only going to get 8 but it cost twice as much to send 8 as it does to send 15, so I kinda got 7 free? I haven't been able to find Welsummers and I'm down to only 1 true Ameraucana so glad I got those. It was kinda pricey but I should have all pullets and they will be vaccinated for Marek's. Wish that never showed up here! I miss sharing my birds
he.gif

Nice hatch birdman!

Have a good new work day bl4!!!

kristip.... hope you can help her!

Jim... hope you find some calls!

Guess that's it.... Night All!

So a few posts on her sound similar with anything from a hernia to egg buildup like a tumor to another diseasemimcant remember. But no one bothered her before and she is acting normal. I will keep soaking her in Epsom salt and try antibiotics. Not,sure what else to do right now.
Kristi lucky us.... Mine is not so prolapsed but her butt is red after washing and replacing the prolapse and coating with preparation H and honey. I noticed she is missing a ton of feathers down there. So I am thinking Gleet that I may have let go to the point that she prolapsed. So today I am going to use monistat after the soak and ACV and free feeding them all yogurt....and still slather on the honey.

Quote: I may try the honey too... the antibac properties are amazing. Hope yours is doing better soon MommaG! What a good hubby you have getting the meds for your chicky!
Rough loss last night...but the world goes on.

Terri...we will find a time for that Rooster swap... not sure when as my mom went in the hospital last night with heart failure. I am spending tomorrow with her and will drill he doctors for more. fun stuff. Second hospital visit in past 8 weeks... Geting old sucks

Just found out that a friend lost most of her girls last night to a predator. Very sad. If anyone has some hens, particularly a fluffy footed bantam hen looking for homes, let me know. She's in Viroqua

Back
Top Bottom