Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Barn Lime will burn the chickens feet....you need to use garden lime in my opinion...a whole different lime.

bigz
BIGZ is garden lime ok to use in the coop? And, what does it do? I do have some garden boxes I can use it on. They are 2 x 2 x 4 x 21. How much would I use on each box......I'm thinking it will take years to use it all up if I can't use it on the chick coop.

Hi All!

Momg... the rhubarb was soo good!

It was a nice day, I wish I had gotten more done
hmm.png

Nothing new... Night All!

What did you make with it?

yippiechickie.gif
Let my chicks out to free range, which I have been doing for the past two weeks, my red bird was not with the flock and the flock was all in the run, even Gimpy......maybe she is hiding in the tall grass around here, we have looked all over, no feathers anywhere. She could be over in the neighbors yard, which they will chase her home if they see here....they have lots of kids to do that. Worrysome.

So I am down to 4 chicks now. Thinking about getting a couple more red, hopefully can find some Rhode Islands,, a friend of mine in Hortonville owns a hardware store and they have chicks for $1 a piece today, gonna stop there after Church........I have a red light and a tote, other than bedding, which I have, a feeder and waterer, do I need anything else? I know I have to get the right size for both.

celebrate.gif
Found my red. She had gone over to the other neighbors, saw their dog, ran behind their grill and was sitting next to the propane tank. Very calm when I picked her up. Rounded up the other nutheads and put them back in the run.

Last edited:
Cloudy One here today. Garden Lime is simply ground limestone and is safe in the coops. If the birds decide to eat some it is safe for hens....it is calcium carbonate and prolly not good for young chicks till the point of lay...it helps to keep down odor and works well with the manure for the gardens....not necessary to use at all though. You can sprinkle quite a bit in those boxes...it will raise the soil ph and won't burn anything...helps heavy soil quite a lot.

Yep the rhubarb crunch is delicious Irish...thanks for sharing it at the bash.

My horseradish is coming back to life after leaving it in the truck box till Sunday afternoon after the bash...thanks to Amy for that.

Terri said she was gonna post some pics when she has time...busy lady for sure!

The gardens are looking good so far.

Stuffed peppers in the oven baked in ho-made stewed tomatoes topped with parmo-room cheese...we really go through the cheese here.

bigz

Cloudy One here today. Garden Lime is simply ground limestone and is safe in the coops. If the birds decide to eat some it is safe for hens....it is calcium carbonate and prolly not good for young chicks till the point of lay...it helps to keep down odor and works well with the manure for the gardens....not necessary to use at all though. You can sprinkle quite a bit in those boxes...it will raise the soil ph and won't burn anything...helps heavy soil quite a lot.

Yep the rhubarb crunch is delicious Irish...thanks for sharing it at the bash.

My horseradish is coming back to life after leaving it in the truck box till Sunday afternoon after the bash...thanks to Amy for that.

Terri said she was gonna post some pics when she has time...busy lady for sure!

The gardens are looking good so far.

Stuffed peppers in the oven baked in ho-made stewed tomatoes topped with parmo-room cheese...we really go through the cheese here.

bigz
I wanna come eat at u folks houses.....my DDIL does the cooking here, it is good and filling....but you guys eat some really good sounding stuff.

We also made the rhubarb crisp, DH loved it.
love.gif

Not much else happening here. I can finally leave the coop doors open again, like I did prior to the rabbits. I loved those guys, but so much less hassle without them!

We haven't gotten a good soaking yet. With all the rain forecasted, we just get drops. I am still having to water
hmm.png

Hi All!

Sorry Irish.... I get people mixed up
he.gif
Takes me a few times to remember who is who. We had rhubarb/strawberry crisp. Made a 9x13 pan, lasted 2 days.

Everyone must have been busy today.

Night All!

Hi I haven't been on here in awhile so missed a lot to much to try to read to catch up. Anyways I ordered 15 brown layers and 3 white giants and 2 light brahamas and 5 ee"s. I have few I am not sure of maybe you can helpthe buff ????

Black astralops

White giants

light brahama

???

???

???

I thought ee but legs are more slate than green

Bobi,

any of your chicks that have a pea comb are most likely considered your "EE"s they don't have to have certain color legs, feathers, or even lay a certain color egg. If they are based on a one time Ameraucana cross in the breeding they usually will present the pea comb.They should end up with unusual but interesting feather patterns and are enjoyable birds.

Bobi,

any of your chicks that have a pea comb are most likely considered your "EE"s they don't have to have certain color legs, feathers, or even lay a certain color egg. If they are based on a one time Ameraucana cross in the breeding they usually will present the pea comb.They should end up with unusual but interesting feather patterns and are enjoyable birds.
it must be raining up nort ..

Back
Top Bottom