Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

One work day down and two to go before another long weekend. 7-10" of snow this evening thru tomorrow oughta throw the ladies for a loop when they wake up. Living in the country and not owning a plow of any sort kinda stinks. What takes me 2 hours with the snow blower would be a 15 minute job with a plow. Hope everybody has a happy New Years! be smart and be safe

Feeling bad for my girls right now, the wind is blowing a little snow into the coop through the vents, it's stressing me out a bit though I'm sure they are fine.

Louder clucking than usual today. Could it be snowstorm stress?

Dumb question - anyone know anyone near holmen/galesville that might want to part with a couple lambs in the spring?

there are always lambs available in the spring.. I don't know anybody around you, though.. ask again in the spring..
the spring swaps usually has some..

snowing here now, too.. looks like the snow is tracking almost straight north..

believe it or not, I am sort of anxious to plow.. must be crazy, eh?

..........jiminwisc.......

Winter Wonderland is back....dang, I thought we might make it a little longer without any Snow.

Plenty to clean up by tomorrow morning. I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere.

The hens here wouldn't go out on the white stuff either.....can't blame them.

Stay Safe....bigz

I just did 'emergency' coop vent flap construction in a snow storm (stapled some cardboard box covers in place to block snow/wind from going into the coop, but sill allowing ventilation. Doubt it'll hold too long but maybe long enough to help a bit.). Kinda fun :)

Back
Top Bottom