Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

HAPPY
NEW
YEAR !!!!
.TO YOU ALL.
Annie just served up some shrimp and dip
she used Hoffman house, but added a bit more horse radish to it..
can you say,
open up your sinus passages boys and girls ?,

We always splurge and do a seafood feast on New Year's Eve. So I am stuffed with lobster, scallops, shrimp and crab. Oh, and about a half pound of butter. My girls gave me my first dozen day today. Don't really know what to do with all the eggs but I am glad to see them. A little bit of Christmas every day.

I'm jealous of you sea food eaters. One of my favorites is Lobster or crablegs,but I rarely splurge on it.
Hope everybody had a safe New Year,looks like most stayed home. My wife and I went down to one of my IL sisters house in Wonder Lake for the evening. The kids were still going strong,but we left her place about 11:30 PM because me and wifey were so tired. Yawn. Guess I'm getting old and boring. I actually stopped in at a McD's drive through in Kenosha on the way home as I was "starving". Not my first choice,but nothing else was open,and we were too tired to cook when we got home.

Last edited:
I grew up in Maine and moved out to WI about 1.5 yrs ago. Good fresh seafood is definitely one of the things I miss most.
Nice! You probably got spoiled out there. I heard the crab and lobster prices are lower,as I would expect.
New England is one of the few places in the US that I have not visited,though my wife and I have loose plans as we've become friends with one of my long lost cousins who lives in MA. We plan on going out there in the next year or so.
Maybe I'll bring some brats,lutefisk,and kringle to trade for seafood. :)

Last edited:
Nice! You probably got spoiled out there. I heard the crab and lobster prices are lower,as I would expect.
New England is one of the few places in the US that I have not visited,though my wife and I have loose plans as we've become friends with one of my long lost cousins who lives in MA. We plan on going out there in the next year or so.
Maybe I'll bring some brats,lutefisk,and kringle to trade for seafood. :)

Don't forget to take the good old Wisconsin cheese!!

Quote: If you want to stay friends, skip the lutefisk ..

We went to my youngest sister's house last night, the bunch from Madison were there as were others from this area.
we had a good time and I did stay and ring in the new year.
Our seafood treat was shrimp and extra horse radish shrimp sauce.. and creamed herring on a Ritz ..

the baby geese and their parents went for a short walk this morning.. It was more like mom and pop following the kids..

...........jiminwisc........

Back
Top Bottom