Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Fisher from Verona area - no one I know.
It looks a lot bigger than I imagined a fisher would be.
I haven't trapped in year but used to live up in Da UP other side of Houghton and trapped up there and that would be a very big fisher. Trapped in areas so wild bobcats topped 45lbs at times and I don't think any of the fisher we got were that big.

I am near Richland Center. I'm sure my kids would love it, but my MIL would NOT. Looks like we are about an hour apart.
Just talked to BIL in Yuba. He's the only one I could reach. He said he also gets his at Chets in Richland Center. He didn't know if they sell eggs to hatch or not,as he always buys hatched chicks.
He also said if you go there from spring to late summer he'll give you a good deal if you go in on a Friday,as he does not like to keep the chicks over the weekend.

I will definitely check with Chet. Love that guy. I wonder if he is wearing his shoes at this time of year.

Hubby went ice fishing last night. Caught his limit of crappie and walleye. The girls are feasting on the remains after I got done filleting them. Doubt we will be able to wait until Friday to eat then though.

Poor sir sparkels (dont ask) is a mystery roo. Large comb and the red is now turning yellow on the tips....

Anything I could put on frot bitten combs??

And chili smells great on a cold day. Its 6 below here now.

Yep, I would put vaselene on the combs.

We are having wild turkey with mashed potatoes and sweet corn....I'm gonna talk suzie into some beer bread too....nice to have that warm bread with the meal, and it's ok to shape it some instead of round, if that's the way you prefer it.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom