Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good afternoon,
still cold out there, but I bit the bullet and went out and glued up the last two panels for the feeder.

then I peeled 1" of ice off of the gooses' pond and fed the chickens.

I tried out the clamp that I renewed the threads on.
it works !!
but for how long ? it remains to be seen

GG72 , when you send that picture, include one of it's wing spread open. usually if all the feathers make a fan, it is a pullet, If there are about 3 longer feathers and then a row of shorter feathers, you have a boy .

otherwise you can vent check it.
a doughnut shaped vent = pullet.
if the doughnut has a worm in it, = boy.

........jiminwisc.......

good morning,

all done with my breakfast of coffee and a caramel roll.

cold here again, but there are only a few more days and then the weather will warm up ..

I didn't work in the unheated shop too long yesterday, but I did bring in one of those bar clamps that the threads are stripped out of,. last night I disassembled the whole clamp and mixed up a bit of Qwik JB Weld,
This morning the JBW is hard and the threads seem to be there.. only actual clamping pressure will tell the tale if it is fixed or not.

On the next one I will try regular JBW .

Dae, I live near Wausau, where exactly is he hunting
there are lots of turkey flocks around Wausau.
The man greatly responsible for bringing the turkeys back lives in Hatley ..

.........jiminwisc..........

He is hunting near Junction City. They are stationed out of the Pumpkin Patch there. He got to see a few hens this morning but waiting on the toms.

Instead of towels for our chicks, we use bed-liners. they are inexpensive, can be folded to fit whatever size you need and are disposable, just roll up the soiled one, and put in a new one. they have a shiny side and a fuzzy side, put the shiny side down.
after they are a few days old we move them to a larger brooder where we use straw and/or shavings.

X 2.

Here they are. Figured I would post photos of all 5 of them while I was at it. I think the two EE are a day or two older than the other 3

Last edited:
Brent you make me laugh......

I am going to Cheesetopia because I work in n the cheese industry and I love cheese! I am interested in how the artisans perfect their craft, and it will be fun to try all the different types of cheese they bring. This is an event put on by Wisconsin Cheese Originals., last year it was held in Milwaukee.

It is also an excuse to visit family. :)

I think it's business oriented and should be company paid...tell Marylyn she can write it off....like, I know she can afford it. I'm always for company sponsored activities, and think it should apply here....they want to be a fortune 500 company don't they?
wink.png

bigz

I was at the local feed store today and they just started getting in meaties and layers this past Wednesday. This afternoon they had 3 meaties left. Suppose I got them how long so they need supplemental heat in an outdoor coop since they feather faster and it's supposed to warm up into the 60's the end of the week

Back
Top Bottom