Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Another beautiful cheesehead day here. Dang it's good to hear from you angiebubs...hope both you and Yvette can make the annual get-together....never know for sure who will actually show up....Me and suzie hope everyone can come and enjoy the special once a year weekend....sleep over for Monday departure for bad eyes will be accepted too! None of us are getting younger eyes. Safe trips home are a must have!

Grilled a big thick ham steak tonight, and suzie made cheezy potatoes and toast for the side dish. Kinda feels like heaven here today...
hugs.gif

bigz

:) Big Z We sure would like to make it. (One of our girls is getting married the weekend before) Ham steak sounds delish! Mikes BBQing chicken as we speak, boy do I love this weather.

Question for people who have asparagus growing. My path produces pretty good even tho it's quite weeded over. Since the asparagus isn't even poking thru yet I plan to weed whack my patch pretty much down to the dirt. If I put straw on it after j whack it will that keep a lot of the weeds from growing?

Question for people who have asparagus growing. My path produces pretty good even tho it's quite weeded over. Since the asparagus isn't even poking thru yet I plan to weed whack my patch pretty much down to the dirt. If I put straw on it after j whack it will that keep a lot of the weeds from growing?

I like using straw between my tomato plants to hold in moisture, but with each addition of straw another crop of weeds appear. I think you'd have better luck with old leaves.

Another nice day here today...yep, go ahead and whack all the weeds and stuff by the sparegus....since it's such a early crop we steal the harvest by the time the weeds overtake the patch again...then repeat every year. I just don't have the time to keep it totally cleaned up. Mulch around each plant helps for sure.

Back outside...bigz

I use slip sheets (from the pallets) from work in the garden. They work great. I still have all of the stuff that I was going to bring to last year's bash for the raffle. Except the incubator. I'm using that. Lol

Back
Top Bottom