Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I love homemade kraut. There's almost no comparison to it. This year I need to make quite a bit more than last time. I hate loving something and then running out. I'm gonna need extra too because I'm gonna raise some pigs this summer ahd pork and kraut go hand in hand

Yep, I also love my pork and kraut! Like I always tell suzie...ain't nothin better than a big piece of pork and kraut...I usually do two 5 gal pails of kraut every fall....they work really well for crocks...and I only grow the late kraut for bigger tighter heads. I have a really nice kraut cutter made from solid beech wood and German blades.

bigz

My husband's new favorite thing is his pickled northern. Barf. He's so proud that he made it himself and it's actually good (to people who actually eat pickled fish). I just can't do it. When I was a kid, probably around 10, my dad got in this kick where if we wanted to to anything, like go to a friend's house, we had to either take a shot of Windsor or eat pickled herring. You learned really quick that the fish was the way to go, but it was disgusting.

good evening,
busy day here today, Annie was cleaning house, I was busy trying to look busy doing anything else..

Put the puppies on C L today. have 7 responses already.
probably because there was no Packer game to watch..

I planted the water rooted grape scions into dirt pots today.
got 3 dogne. ran out of tall pots.

noticed that there might be some green on some apple scions, now. I hope, I hope..

Brent and his saurkraut. has anybody else noticed how much brighter the fire pit burns when he is around ??

I like ho-made saurkraut when it about half done.
Once it is all the way sour, I don't care for it too much.
Annie loves it.

.........jiminwisc......

Anyone from the still cold state of Wisconsin have hens setting I have nine they started Fri and all at the same time I was making them Wait for almost a month already so finally let them set coop doesn't freeze so hoping for the best

I have 4 hens that are setting. I just let them do it because I have a new young rooster and never saw him doing anything. Besides, the coop right now has a little bit of a mix in it for the winter before this spring to sepperate. The only rooster is my new young white Japanese bantam. I have 8 Japanese hens, and 2 silkie hens plus 2 mixed breeds. They had been separated for the winter. To my surprise one of the hens seeing is a Japanese that "jjust" started laying. A Japanese that just got done setting. And a crested d'Uncle . and what is funny is they are doing it two hens to a box. I will see what happens.

good winter is back morning,

yes, I have two hens that want to set. I don't mind, they keep the eggs from freezing until I collect them.

I confirmed my suspition that I have a young rooster.
He is from the Sagitta eggs I hatched last summer.
He was one of them that got out a few days ago. yesterday I caught him and looked him over real good. then when I put him back into the coop ,,, he started to crow.. I know it wasn't my old rooster because he is still outside the coop.

I have a good lead on someone coming for a pup today.
They want a girl..

today we are going to de-worm all the pups and their parents..

.......jiminwisc.......

Last edited:
Good Luck with the pup sales Jim. Hoping the snow avoids us here...I didn't order anymore, that's for sure!
Deer must be getting hungry...we have 10 does and 2 bucks coming in the yard and cleaning out the bird feeder almost every night. They should be able to fly pretty soon with all the bird feed they are eating.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom