Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Wow, that was a really long thread to catch up on! Will be brief, lost a hen Sunday. No idea why. Some blood lost from vent... Other than that, not much new.
Think this year is the 8th annual? Glad to hear I did not miss a post on it, hoping to make it.

Last edited:
good lull before the storm evening,
I spent a lot of time outside today. working on my carburator.
had it off and on 3 times. still have it off . found out why it won't/wouldn't start. got it started but had to manipulate the choke by hand. there is a tiny piece which holds the choke wire
that broke off. all I need to fix it is a tiny snap ring. too late tonight to run after one. I will be putting things back together tomorrow when the weather starts to turn to siht.

got 18 eggs today. am starting to be more pleased with the chickens who are laying. still not up to 50% yet.

the bash has a perpetual burning fire pit while we are there.
thanks to BigZ's efforts to cut all that firewood for us.

there is a grill over the pit so you can cook a steak or whatever.

On Saturday, it is pot luck for lunch. and leftovers until they are gone.

.........jiminwisc.....

.........jiminwisc.......

Yep, I like this lull before the storm better than the clean-up afterwards. At some point we will get a bash thread going, or just add tidbids along the way as we think of them...good thing we have plenty of time yet before the event to sort everything out. It's easy to find and quite a secret place in the woods.

Hoping for 4" of white stuff....

bigz

Can't get my print bigger for some reason?

Last edited:
good evening

BigZ, under REPLY there are 3 lines of selections.
click on "size" and pick a number. I use 20 .

If the weather is not too fierce in the morning, I am going to O'Reilly's Auto and getting a snap ring for the choke wire fastener.

I called F&F for a spark tester. I got connected with a person that I know. He never can help me when I am there in person.
guess what; he is even more stupid on the phone. I know F&F has spark testers, but he P;;;d me off so much, I went to O'Reilly's ..
I wonder if anybody at F&F knows about this idiot ..

I just went out and threw a tarp over Ollie. it sounds like the snow is supposed to start pretty soon here.
the wind is really whipping. and it is damp..

Annie has a real bad cold and aching joints.
I never saw her this bad before.

I think I will watch the tube for awhile and go to bed early.

.........jiminwisc.......

let me be the first to wish you all a
Happy White Easter.

we have about 4 inches of the slippery white siht so far.

I don't care, I am going to O'Reilly's for my E-ring.

first I am going to cuppa up.

........jiminwisc.......

Last edited:
So glad it snowed. I'm a little upset we haven't gotten a foot yet but there's still time. I hated that warmer weather we had. Got my fingers crossed we get atleast 12-14 inches and it blows and drifts like no other. I love it!!

GOOD MORNING! NO SNOW HERE THIS MORNING, BUT THERE IS A LAYER OF ICE WITH SNOW PELLETS ON TOP OF THAT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE REPAIRS ON THE PLOW TRUCK AND OLLIE.
I HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE BASH FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW BUT HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT. MAYBE THIS YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR...

I DO HOPE ANNIE FEELS BETTER SOON!
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

good morning,
good news/bad news day here.

good news, I made it to O'Reilly's and they installed the E-ring onto the carb for me , No charge.
bad news. on the way there a guy ran a red light and I T-boned him.
good news. nobody got hurt.
bad news. he got a ticket.
good news. I did not.

Annie is feeling a little better today,
I seldom catch cold or flu,
but my throat is ticklish. I might not go out and install the carb today. .

...jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom