Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I hate HOA's too! Why I do not live in one! I am zoned for horses but have black walnuts all over our property so that is not an option. No idea about chickens though!

Spring has sprung!
IMG_0583.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow Mel, I'm surprised the ticks are out?

Hello all! It's been a while, eh? Just placed a chick order for delivery later this month, can't wait. :celebrateI'm trying Hoover's Hatchery per recommendation here. I ordered the minimum of 15, so I'm gonna be overfull in the small coop we have. I know the spacing for full grown birds, any ideas on chicks to pullet spacing?

Not sure if Delish (vicki) posted here, but she is getting rid of a bunch of incubators, heat lamps, etc!

Since I've not been on in a while, what is the date for chickenstock? I'm hoping I can make it this year.

Welcome joey to the cheeseheads.... Keep the ticks down by you bl4...those we don't need here.
Bash is the weekend after memorial weekend cs ...June 1,2,3 this year...not sure who will attend this year? I'll be there for sure. What breed of peeps did you order? Little ones can manage in 1sq ft per peep....you will notice when that's not adequate enough.

bigz

yep,, I was surprised to learn a while ago that ticks come out even if there is snow on the ground.
and they winter over on dead deer in the woods.

IDK what I am going to do about them this year.
it will be the first time in many years that we don't have guineas..

.......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom