Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We got over 4" of rain from the last 3 storms. It helped to fill the pool that last little bit, lol. Now we get to try to balance the pH, alkalinity and such so we can swim. We got the solar cover on it last night. One thing about filling it so slowly and during such hot weather - the water is about 83 degrees already.

my chickens are eating their eggs, I have been getting only 1 or 2 very dirty eggs for over the last month. Yesterday caught on In the nest trying to break one open.

Anyone have success with ordering chicks this time of year? I am worried about them dying of heat during the shipping.
Or maybe someone has hatched more than they need and are willing to sell a dozen chicks?

@MadisonOde no advice here, either :( Maybe try a broader audience in the main forum?

We are SO BUSY and rather stressed here. Waiting on our farm lease to access some resources through the state. No kids here right now for a few which is great but I can’t take time off to enjoy time with Jeff even so. So kinda depressing.

Hope people are well!

But here is a turkey picture. Also we’re incubating welsh harlequin ducklings atm!

Attachments

• CDDBF51F-D259-4BE6-BE10-826C4D04844D.jpeg
    CDDBF51F-D259-4BE6-BE10-826C4D04844D.jpeg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 4
We hada tough storm here...no pwer for 12 hours and trees down everywhere....Plenty of firewood to make at Camp....trees down everywhere there....took out a power line there and still no power there.....who needs a job when Mother nature can create a full time job for you.

Stay Safe...bigz

Newbie here! Born and raised in Green Bay (and half my life on the lake in the north woods with my dad). I currently live near Algoma on an 8 acre homestead with my husband, the dog and the chickens. We recently lost most of our flock to a raccoon attack, so currently we have 3 crazy white leghorns, an ISA brown (Rita the P.I.T.A), and an unknown mixed breed rooster named Roofus. We also have 2 three week old (our first that we hatched here on the homestead!), and 6 two week old (that we ordered), along with 8 meat chickens in the brooder box. I can’t wait for my coop to be full again!

Newbie here! Born and raised in Green Bay (and half my life on the lake in the north woods with my dad). I currently live near Algoma on an 8 acre homestead with my husband, the dog and the chickens. We recently lost most of our flock to a raccoon attack, so currently we have 3 crazy white leghorns, an ISA brown (Rita the P.I.T.A), and an unknown mixed breed rooster named Roofus. We also have 2 three week old (our first that we hatched here on the homestead!), and 6 two week old (that we ordered), along with 8 meat chickens in the brooder box. I can’t wait for my coop to be full again!
:old:frow:frow:wee:frow:frow

I am unstuck with the tractor, have a shut off switch directly on the (-) battery terminal. as it turns out, I don't think I really needed it, but I am using it anyway. gives me peace of mind, if nothing else..
quote from Robin:
in my advanced years, I try to keep a positive attitude.
for instance: after I fell down the stairs, I didn't get hurt, and I didn't get mad. I just thought to myself, "that's the fastest I've moved in a long time." .

:eek:I am happy to hear you're ok!

QUOTE="jvls1942, post: 21593915, member: 17184"]I am unstuck with the tractor, have a shut off switch directly on the (-) battery terminal. as it turns out, I don't think I really needed it, but I am using it anyway. gives me peace of mind, if nothing else..
quote from Robin:
in my advanced years, I try to keep a positive attitude.
for instance: after I fell down the stairs, I didn't get hurt, and I didn't get mad. I just thought to myself, "that's the fastest I've moved in a long time." .

[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom