Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I will have to wait for climbing to the top until next trip up this way. Schedules changed I’m headed back home tonight.
In the meantime one of my girls laid another double egg while I’ve been gone. That’s 3 double yolks in as many weeks

I had a pretty good day.
got my rototilling done.
weeded the 3 one year old grapes
potted six green elderberry cuttings.
jumped the blade drive belt off of the pulleys.
took a long look at the garage and then decided to eat lunch instead of doing any straightening up..
got the belt guards removed from the mower deck after supper. gave up because the mosquitoes loved me too much.
......jiminwaUSAu.......

I had a pretty good day.
got my rototilling done.
weeded the 3 one year old grapes
potted six green elderberry cuttings.
jumped the blade drive belt off of the pulleys.
took a long look at the garage and then decided to eat lunch instead of doing any straightening up..
got the belt guards removed from the mower deck after supper. gave up because the mosquitoes loved me too much.
......jiminwaUSAu.......
My mosquitoes haven't been so bad this year. I did plant more geraniums and lavender this spring. I heard that geraniums and lavender repel mosquitoes so I make sure to brush up against them everyday. It doesn't help with the experiment if I don't have a lot of mosquitoes. I will have to put them on my plant list for next year! (bummer more flowers :D)

My mosquitoes haven't been so bad this year. I did plant more geraniums and lavender this spring. I heard that geraniums and lavender repel mosquitoes so I make sure to brush up against them everyday. It doesn't help with the experiment if I don't have a lot of mosquitoes. I will have to put them on my plant list for next year! (bummer more flowers :D)
I have heard the same and next year will be planting a lot of those.

I have heard the same and next year will be planting a lot of those.
A side note on lavender, the greenhouse gentleman said after the lavender finishes blooming, trim it back just a little and it will bloom again. He also said you can transfer them into the house for the winter. This transferring I haven't been successful with!!

I have 6 lavender plants in my front yard. Yes you need to cut the blossoms off after they bloom to prompt them to bloom again. You should also prune the plant down to 1/3 it’s size every year to prevent it from becoming too woody. It will split due to the weight of snow and kill the plant.

I planted mine 3 years ago and they are amazing! Russian sage is planted behind the Lavender.

F06C940D-D1BB-4FDA-A938-FDE2EECBC9F3.jpeg

I have 6 lavender plants in my front yard. Yes you need to cut the blossoms off after they bloom to prompt them to bloom again. You should also prune the plant down to 1/3 it’s size every year to prevent it from becoming too woody. It will split due to the weight of snow and kill the plant.

I planted mine 3 years ago and they are amazing! Russian sage is planted behind the Lavender.
I haven't been able to get the lavender to grow back after winter. Does it help to have it next to the house? I also live in Central Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom