Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hey all---I haven't been in here for quite a while! Just wanted to say hi once again; I have a new computer and I don't know my email password (to those of you that email) so I won.t be answering or reading any messages until we figure it out.
I don't know about you, but I HATE getting a new computer! Oh, my parrot is taliking...gotta go listen in and see what he's heard!

I hope things work out for you. I feel bad that they are being so restrictive on people about chickens, but let anyone own a dog or cat with no restrictions.
My sister got a ticket for a barking dog; while she was gone on vacation and her dog was at the boarding kennel 10 miles away. Even though she had a receipt showing that the dog was not on the property at the time the ticket was written for, the city made her pay the fine.
Turns out the neighbors behind her had adopted a dog and left it loose in their fenced backyard 24/7.

I get what you were saying. Also knowing my neighborhood, people do stuff all the time that the town constable has zero interest in enforcing. It can be frustrating at times. Although at the same time, there’s kind of an unwritten rule that nobody snitches on anybody. And our neighborhood gets along well.

That said… I definitely want to be in the legal category. I read the proposed ordinance. To comply I would have to get rid of two of our chickens based on the square footage of our lot. Fine- I’ve got a friend that has plenty of acreage to take on two more. But the main issue is that we’re not supposed to have the coop or run within 40 feet of a lot line. And R4/R5 zone sizes- , that’s nearly impossible even if you have a perfectly square parcel.

It’s an $80 initial fee, have to submit coop/run plans and they have specs like sq foot per chicken etc. The amount of chickens you can have depends on your zone : R5-R1 . you have to get written approval from all bordering property neighbors and have to get new letter every year, a $30 permit renewal fee each year.

They also have written in there that you have to clean the coop every day and some other stuff that I think would be hard to enforce but I get it. They’re just covering all the bases.

I’ve had neighbors shooting off fireworks at 8 o’clock in the morning yesterday, I really have no faith they’re going to come check and see if I’ve cleaned my coop every day..

and you're ok with all these fees ?
How much are dog licenses ? and cat licenses ?
How about canaries and parakeets ?
seems kinda lopsided to me..

good morning,
I can cross off two things from my to do list.
I got the power steering fixed on the tractor. Just cut out the leaky part of the hose and spliced in an 8" piece of 3/8" steel brake line.
then I took the loader bucket off.
and the grape arbor is all done. It is two wires tall and 50 feet long. I got the 3 one year old grape vines all pruned and tied up to stakes to train them to be the main trunk. They look pretty sparse with all the suckers removed. soon I can plant the three vines i have growing in pots. that will round out the arbor.
.....jiminwaUsAu.......

and you're ok with all these fees ?
How much are dog licenses ? and cat licenses ?
How about canaries and parakeets ?
seems kinda lopsided to me..

No, the fees are too much and from the meeting, It sounds like they are going to reduce it. One proposal was do a $30 yearly fee. (still too much im), and $80 is too much to make kids pay for 4-H projects. So no vote ye. Nobody is opposing the law that we know of, at least not vocal to the meetings. I need to have a chat with the lady who got this all started.

What I can say, is that at least our town board is wanting to make the change, they want to make it work. Just trying to iron out all the details. We are moving in a positive direction.

now we just wonder if the riots in Kenosha will trickle over 15 miles west.

any fee is too much in my opinion. why should you have to pay for raising your own food ?
Next thing they will want to fine people for having vegetable gardens, I suppose..
that is the difference between my old generation and the younger generation. us old folks don't expect to have to pay a fee for every thing that comes along..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

I agree Jim. It’s not like our town constable is going to do anything. They’re not gonna come do inspections. It won’t cost the township any money.

Without giving my exact age/ I’m generation X 😃

Back
Top Bottom