Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good idea to document the locations.
way back in time we had several choke cherry locations memorized. back when we were making lots of wine.. and some jelly..
I butchered 8 2 pound chickens for thanksgiving. each person at the table was served a whole chicken. then they could take leftovers along home. It was a big hit.
they cooked much quicker than a large turkey would .. I cooked them in the Nesco..
today we are planting the last six rhubarb roots. that will bring the total up to 30 hills.
can't pick any until 2022..
I have 3 grapes to plant, too..
then I can turn my whole attention to fixing the hydraulic pump on the tractor. That has turned out to be a challenge.
....jiminwaUSAu.......
.....jiminwaUSAu.......

Good Labor day. Im tired of the humidity. Im tired of the mosquito. 65 degrees and walking a mile, Im already dripping sweat. Crazy.

Hope ya'lll have a great day.

Well where is everyone?

Nasty cold fall weather..... soup and chili weather. Give me back to the 80’s and sunshine! Too early for all this rain and cold weather...... I have more meat birds arriving in a week!

Bruiser our Big Boy rooster has definitely earned his keep this week...... hawks are everywhere right now.

The tomato plants I gave my neighbor have been producing like crazy. He keeps giving them to me so I keep putting them in the freezer for chili and spaghetti this winter.

Taking a long weekend this weekend...... I’ll fill everyone in when I get back. 😉

I got to Eau Claire this afternoon and will be here through Sunday… Rained the entire trip.

I made turkey butternut squash chili a couple days before I left. 45° and rainy. And I saw so many leaves changing color- already some trees fully red/orange

It was a fine soaking rain, didn't really need the cold temps, though. we just dodged the bullet last night and it did not freeze here. we have a ton of green tomatoes wanting to turn red.
yesterday I found a machine shop that could make my shaft for me. two 2" keyways cost $40.oo. I was glad to pay it. Now if the rain quits for a couple of hours, I can put the hydraulic pump back to work..
so far this minor break down has cost $230.oo.. big boy toys are expensive..
we ended up with 30 hills of rhubarb.
we got them all planted the day before the rain started.. They should be well watered in.
.........jiminwaUSAu.......

I have Ollie all back together. today I went and rolled the big compost pile over real well.
the expenses kept rolling in. as long as I had him apart I gave him two new v belts. $44.oo.
then I drained the old hydraulic fluid and put in all new .$46.oo. New Anti freeze $10.oo.
New set screws $10.oo..
I think that is it for awhile..
Tomorrow we have a large load of granite being delivered for the driveway. Ollie will earn his keep, then..
The Packers won their first game..
....jiminwaUSAu....

Good to hear Ollie is back to good health.
Nice Packer win today for sure.
Went bow hunting tonight and bagged a 8 pointer. Hanging in the pole barn cooling down.....tomorrow morning I'll take it to the processer. Still busy canning and with the warm weather I'll just pay to have it done.
deer2020.png

@jvls1942 It's probably good to give that ole tractor a overhaul like that. As long as you take care of them, those old machines run forever.

Nice buck. This time of year, I would probably pay to have it processed also. I hate being rushed to get it all packaged up before it goes bad.

Back
Top Bottom