Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I also use the manual method for the pop door. Brinsea has a nice door for $245.00.
Had a Bobcat 50 feet from the coop door when I stepped out this morning after chores....they are the worst predator to have around with chickens.......relentless and lethal.

Stay safe....bigz

Chicken processing day.... glad this is over with.

E8409BCF-4063-41F6-85AB-5CF84604A239.jpeg

B90B4028-3AD9-4F49-B114-64D173166628.jpeg

For fellow WI chicken mamas and papas- what type of chicken doors do you have? I am thinking I will need to invest in an automatic coop door. Our coop door slides up and down. What do you use? What holds up to our winters and predators?
I just purchased the Chicken guard locking door combo. I installed it last weekend. It's worked great for these 8 days it's been in use. I hope it will work great for quite some time (like years & years...fingers crossed)

I have heard of those automatic doors going closed before all the chickens are in.
just sayin'..
Hopefully this won't happen. I have the open & close times programmed in and not set to daylight. I didn't want yard lights or vehicle headlights to trigger the sensor either. I also have a coop cam to check on the girls & could send a text if needed. My daughter & neighbor are close enough to check on them too. I work 2nd shift & leave my house at 2pm & get home at 2am, I really don't want them cooped up that long before they roost for the night. With shorter days it's only a few hrs but as the days get longer (5 more weeks... Yay) come spring & summer, I feel it's too long on a daily basis.

Wow, where is everyone?

Hubs managed a nice doe yesterday; young and tender. With all the chicken in the freezer we don’t have a ton of room for a huge deer.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I think I managed to grab the last turkey that was under 20 lbs...... I can’t fit anything bigger in my oven!

Tell Ross way to go! We have 5 hanging and only one small buck...the rest are does. The weather was excellent and sitting was way more fun than cold driving winds like some years.
Wild Turkey for Thanksgiving here with all the fixins.

GO PACK...we are the underdog today.

Stay Safe.... bigz

Back
Top Bottom