Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Talk to wife tomorrow and see what she says, prolly 140 mile round trip
road trip ! road trip !
today we mowed down the little blackberry patch. It wasn't doing very well anyhow. we exposed a choke cherry tree, a honeysuckle bush, a few assorted flowers and a few gooseberry bushes.. we still have the big blackberry patch.
i put the tire back on the yard wagon. it doesn't hold air, but the sidewalls are very stiff. I sat on the corner of the wagon and the tire did not go flat.

How many birds aside keets to giveaway. Your north of me, but man the gas. My last hatch was crappy. Just killed a weasel which took 4 chicks from my hens that I gave them. Your by Neillsville I guess?
We would drive up tomorrow and pick up the 15 chicks and if you some guinea fowl we would take some of those. I am not sure what DM a message?

Glad to see everyone is doing well after the storms last week and the heat the last few days. We had a great hatch this past weekend. We've still got a lot of chicks and keets that need to find a home if anyone is interested (located in Clark County). The chicks are Ameraucana (rooster) x Silver or Golden Laced Wyandottes (hens) and a couple from an Araucana hen (sadly no ear tufts this round). The keets appear to be Royal Purple or Slate. I'm not good at telling yet and our flock has about 8 varieties. DM for more info!
I am guessing they free or are you charging for them. I forgot to ask.

140 mile round trip would be delightful for me……

Drove the Minneapolis last Friday (17th) to pick up my bees Saturday in Hugo MN, drove from MN to my in-laws to drop the bees off….. came home and within two hours drove to Appleton to get the last few odd and ends for my trip to Germany…. Sunday I drove to O’Hare and jumped on a plane and spent the next 4 days overseas. Arrived back in the US on Friday, stayed overnight in Schaumburg, and drove home Saturday (yesterday) morning……

Tuesday I have to drive out to the sticks in Iowa to conduct an audit (roughly 4 hour drive from where I am now).

The job today is to take the bees out of the nuc boxes and get them in the hives.

Drove the Minneapolis last Friday (17th) to pick up my bees Saturday in Hugo MN, drove from MN to my in-laws to drop the bees off….. came home and within two hours drove to Appleton to get the last few odd and ends for my trip to Germany…. Sunday I drove to O’Hare and jumped on a plane and spent the next 4 days overseas. Arrived back in the US on Friday, stayed overnight in Schaumburg, and drove home Saturday (yesterday) morning……

Tuesday I have to drive out to the sticks in Iowa to conduct an audit (roughly 4 hour drive from where I am now).

The job today is to take the bees out of the nuc boxes and get them in the hives.
Good luck with the bees! We just caught our fist swarm last weekend. I had to put up a 15 ft ladder in the bed of my truck to get high enough to cut it down. The wind was gusting 20+ MPH so not my brightest idea but it didn't come from our bee yard so it was basically a new, free hive -- and it ended up being queenright! :celebrate

Holycow hope you get good gas mileage.

Hi everyone! I tried posting in the rehoming thread, and so far, no one is interested. I have two roos (well, both still cockerels, but one is almost fully roo) that need a new home. I cannot promise they will be nice or good with kids. They were good with my nephews, but as you know, their hormones haven't fully kicked in. I just give this warning, because I do not want a child to get hurt because I wasn't clear. They are about 3 months old. I am happy to rehome them separately or together.

Attachments

• Roosters (1).pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom