Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

All riiiighty...let's see if this works...have not read the infomercial for the "new" site yet and have no clue as to what I'm doing. Nor sure if I like it yet!

Happy Birthday TO! I hope you got in a ride on this most beautiful of days!

Tom and the others that changed your Avi's to your beautiful faces-Love them!! Thanks for sharing!

Man there is more but I can scroll down anymore to re read what you all said! Argh!!

Ok this is a Cheese Head Peep Serve Announcement:
IF anyone is interested in a steal on some Nutrena Nature Wise 22% Meat Bird feed here are the deets.
The Cargill plant in Milton WI, (right next to Janesville, 30 mins south of Madison) has 5 1/2 tons of 22% Meat Bird crumble, non medicated that need to get a new home or homes. This feed is "past it's ideal freshness date" but it is just fine. I'm feeding it right now to the Girls as well as the chicks I have. I just mix oyster shell in with it for the layers and they are good to go!
Nutrena packaged this feed in 10# bags. So, there are 40 cases per ton (a pallet is a ton) and there are five 10# bags in a case (totals 50# per case). THERE IS A 1 TON MINIMUM!! There 5 pallets that need to go!!!
The cost per ton is only....$200 per ton (picked up at the Milton plant). That is $1.00 per 10# bag. In other words it is 10 cents a pound!!
Delivery may be possible, you need to call for details on that.
This is an amazing deal that is less then half of wholesale.
If you are interested please CALL my DH, Twain at 608-322-3920. He asked me to post here in case some anyone wanted to get some feed.

Thank you for your attention during this Cheese Head Peep Service Announcement!

Last edited:
In regards to the new format, I needed to make a change so that all the posts fit on my screen. Some did and some didn't so.... I just made the change in the preferance area at the bottom of the page. A little help, Just in case anyone else needs help with that.

bigz

Ok,. back from town, delivered eggs tot he bar, hit Dollar General and the local Grocery store !!! Somethings not right !!! I'm suppose to come home with more money then I left with !!!'

Gotta go make supper for OM. Will be back later..

Oh and I'm looking for a recipe for peanut butter cheese cake. They have it at the local diner and I want to make it.
It has chocolate cookie crumb crust and a peanut butter cheese cake filling. Reeeses peanut butter cups crushed on top then dirzzled with herseys syrup and a dollop of whip cream.

Anyone know how I should proceed to try this??? No comment CC unless you are gonna help me with this. Yes you would be considered an enabler but...... So What !!!
gig.gif

Ps found my glasses. When I went to put on my pink sweatshirt (going to town or meet up) they fell out of the pocket. I obviously don't wear the light pink sweatshirt around here. So if I wouldn't have gone to town who knows how long it would have been before I found them !!!

Last edited:
Happy birthday, Terri O! You certainly got wonderful weather for you B-day. Took what might be our last walk-about before winter finally arrives in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. Hung clothes on the line. Built a 'porch' for the chicken coop. It's been a beautiful, busy da.

Still trying to find my way around the new and improved BYC. Oh, well. It took me some time to figure out the old site so I figure it will take some time to figure out the new one.

All riiiighty...let's see if this works...have not read the infomercial for the "new" site yet and have no clue as to what I'm doing. Nor sure if I like it yet!

Happy Birthday TO! I hope you got in a ride on this most beautiful of days!

Tom and the others that changed your Avi's to your beautiful faces-Love them!! Thanks for sharing!

Man there is more but I can scroll down anymore to re read what you all said! Argh!!

Ok this is a Cheese Head Peep Serve Announcement:
IF anyone is interested in a steal on some Nutrena Nature Wise 22% Meat Bird feed here are the deets.
The Cargill plant in Milton WI, (right next to Janesville, 30 mins south of Madison) has 5 1/2 tons of 22% Meat Bird crumble, non medicated that need to get a new home or homes. This feed is "past it's ideal freshness date" but it is just fine. I'm feeding it right now to the Girls as well as the chicks I have. I just mix oyster shell in with it for the layers and they are good to go!
Nutrena packaged this feed in 10# bags. So, there are 40 cases per ton (a pallet is a ton) and there are five 10# bags in a case (totals 50# per case). THERE IS A 1 TON MINIMUM!! There 5 pallets that need to go!!!
The cost per ton is only....$200 per ton (picked up at the Milton plant). That is $1.00 per 10# bag. In other words it is 10 cents a pound!!
Delivery may be possible, you need to call for details on that.
This is an amazing deal that is less then half of wholesale.
If you are interested please CALL my DH, Twain at 608-322-3920. He asked me to post here in case some anyone wanted to get some feed.

Thank you for your attention during this Cheese Head Peep Service Announcement!

Sent you at email
smile.png

Thanks for the tip, Bigz. I haven't read squat about the intro to the new BYC. Couldn't care less right about now, except why can't I copy & paste in here????? Sorry. I'm in a completely foul mood. I just lost my 9 year old banty hen, Henrietta. Her & Jack were my very first chickens (as an adult, anyway).

One of my reds died between X-mas & New Year's. Then one died yesterday. Well, now Henrietta died today. She looked fine yesterday, today she is dead. At least with the reds, I could see it coming on. I'd say it took almost a week in the reds. First just kinda huddling with ruffled feathers, then a gradual loss in appetite and watery diarrhea, then laying down wanting to sleep, then (sometimes) convulsions & they're dead. One red convulsed, the other did not. And they both felt very thin in the breast despite me trying to feed them the last 2 days. One of them was having a hard molt too.
Henrietta looked good today except her head was pale. She was still squalking like she always does. (She always had an opinion). And she was eating today too. She didn't go up on her roost tonight. Instead she went into a rabbit hutch, so Steve brought her in. All she wanted to do was sleep. I put her under a heat bulb and she died like 10 minutes later. And she convulsed too. I heard her flapping her wings & came flying in, thinking a cat scared her.

We've had her so long, and she was Steve's absolute favorite. This just sucks. What the heck could it be? If anyone has any ideas, I would be eternally grateful for any insights you may have.

I'm glad you didn't find your glasses by sitting on them, FT. That would be my luck.

You are right! This will take some getting used to. :( I hate change.

Happy Birthday Terri.

Hope all is well with everyone. Good here. Just stoppin' in to see the changes. Take care everyone!

I find the format quite easy to navigate...must be the younger age difference
hide.gif
or the technical know how.

Happy Birthday Terri! Hope you're day was a fantastic one :)

I'm so looking forward to this snow, and from what the weather man says, I'll take the 7 inches any day of the winter...so cannot wait to get some white stuff on the evergreens here, though am not looking to shoveling it all.

CC, so sorry to hear of Henriettas passing. It's so hard to loose a family member.
Terri, Happy Birthday you sure had a beautiful day to celebrate.
Will try to go back and catch up it's been a long time hope you enjoyed the spring like weather we sure did. Looks like a little winter will fall tomorrow. Our chickens are very funny about going out into the run when it's all white out. I put out the treats and say good morning girls and they all stand at the door way looking out not wanting to be the first out.
We have been getting the seed catalogs and thinking about our garden, can't wait and with this past nice weather it sure was easy to think spring.
Take care and be safe on the road.
Susie

Back
Top Bottom