Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

yuckyuck.gif
X2

WCC, is that the little Jaer roo you got from me? Looking nice. I'm keeping the only other roo from that hatch, his colors are just great. He'll be the backup.

Really too much to comment on; sorry about the bunny, happy that Tommy returned, and hang in there Raim!

Evening all!
Thanks for all the nice condolences on my bunny. You guys are the best.
hugs.gif

Got our taxes done today so that's finally done. Yeah!

Not much to left to say. Once DH got home things settled down. I move Maggie's babies into a bigger cage. She was so happy she spun little circles in her cage and stretched out from end to end. I think she was a little worried at first about where the kids were going to but once she realized that she had her "space" back she didn't look back! LOL!!!

Im off to bed. I have to get up reeeeeeally early tomorrow morning so I can get the animals taken care of before we leave for the seminar,

Have a great night!

Everything is cooking. Girls are playing something on the Wii. I am hiding and trying to stay out of the way--our living room is really small!

Yes Tiki that gold hen really does look like mine! I think mine is also a D'uccle mix. I have no idea where she came from...when I bought a complete laying flock after mine was decimated by racoons; I got a bunch of interesting hatchings! I think she must have been from one of those. It is odd though...when I went to get Tommy and (her name is Tina---from DH) her from the pen she was easier to get than him! And she is not tame at all! So now they are both in his house kennel and quiet. I think he is happy...she seems to be too! I might move them down to the basement brooder if there are problems in that small space. She is used to roosting on top of the nest boxes so she is hunkered down sleeping right next to him. He is very alert and guarding her. I was going to put her back in the coop but when I put him in there alone he made that really LOUD annoyed rooster sound!

Just finished with dinner...MMMMM...now to watch a movie! Terri O

What a nasty rainy day. I was only able to let the chickies out for alittle bit today hopefully tomorrow will be better. The driveway is all nasty again, boy I wish DH would just get some gravel already. I have 6 Rouen eggs in the mail coming to me :) they are in Kentucky right now according to tracking. I also just won an auction for 10 Guinea eggs :). I hope something hatches otherwise this is going to be an exspensive hobby lol. Well I hope everyone stay dry and has a good weekend. DD and I will be gone tomorrow building Bird house for 4-H out at the Wildlife Refuge here in Necedah. Hopefully the rain will give us a break so we can put them out also when we're done.

I am looking to buy some day old chicks.....Cochan Bantams and or silkies......Eau Claire area.....prefer all hens...would like about 10 chicks....anyone have any that are hatching.....any meet ups planned in western WI....
Thanks
Jodie

wow this is weird, this guy posted over a half hour ago and none of the chicken enablers have spoke up?

on a side note, i had to separate my french guineas from my chicks, they are the same age but twice as big, but i have chicks with bloody toes! Not very happy with my first experience with the guineas.

cheers, need another blue smoothie!

Theres the 2 hens that look like yours TO.
D 'Uccle X silkie mix.

What handsome chickens Tiki! Thanks for the tractor compliments! :)

CC, I can't get over what a beautiful bird is Jack!

FT, thanks for your compliments as well. I just read on a thread that there should be 10sq feet of run per bird, 4 square feet of coop per bird and I think it was 10inches of perch per bird.
With the 12x4' run, the 4x4' coop (2.5x3.5' tall) and the 4' roost, it has magically come to pass that my shot in the dark worked out perfectly for 4 birds -the number I wanted to house! Carol said she has some birdies who may do well with us. Fingers crossed!

BigFam -do you still use Sweet PDZ?

Nuh Night!

I am looking to buy some day old chicks.....Cochan Bantams and or silkies......Eau Claire area.....prefer all hens...would like about 10 chicks....anyone have any that are hatching.....any meet ups planned in western WI....
Thanks
Jodie

I have 6 silkie chicks that are 4 months-5 months old. They are black. I may keep one or I could let them all go. I am not sure about the cochins. They are pretty young yet. I will have to think about that one. In a couple days I will have another hatch so I can see how many of those hatch too. I live 3 miles from Eau Claire. Pm me and we can exchange phone numbers. I have white silkies, blue, and black and they are just starting to lay. I may be able to set some eggs after a week. I cannot sex these things dear, I have a 6 month old I don't even know if it is a pullet or a cockerel.

I think some are planning a potluck towards the fall.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom