Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

What is all the craigslist posting on here??? Can't everyone look at it themselves??? Sorry to sound rude but I guess I don't get it....
BL4.....suicide is so sad it leaves so many unanswered questions for the living.....Prayers go out

BABYLADY... When did you become an animal pusher? You have been hanging out with CC too much!

Shoot... So much I could write about. The ducklings we got today are not babies. They were born on Feb 23. Pretty much all feathered out, just down left on their necks. We got two girls and named them Nessie and Piper. Khaki Campbell's... Need Scottish names! They are very wild. Not socialized at all. I feel bad for how freaked out they were. Ever seen a duck pant?!

I got all the fruit tree netting up in the run. So I have the ducks in the dog igloo with hay. They are in the run by themselves. We also have a sand box with a little bit of water for them to splash in if they want. So let's see... 2 chickens in the mini coop in the back yard, 5 medium chicks in the secondary brooder in the basement, 25 little chicks in the primary brooder, and 2 ducks in the chickn run.

CC... I am pretty certain I have one Roo and one Pullet in the LOs.

Big Big News... The coop is built! I have some finishing touches to get done this week. But the goal is for Saturday to be moving day. I mean to move ALL the birds in! The biggest 7 chicks and the ducks together into the coop and run. The baby chicks into the broody pen In the coop. Seriously... No more chickens in the house?! Sounds like heaven, ( until the next batch hatches! )

I go look at the baby dwarf goats tomorrow. If I go with them, I have to be done acquiring animals. My hubby wanted to strangle me when I showed up with ducks! The goats will put him over the edge!

What is all the craigslist posting on here??? Can't everyone look at it themselves??? Sorry to sound rude but I guess I don't get it....
BL4.....suicide is so sad it leaves so many unanswered questions for the living.....Prayers go out
Some people like to share what they find on CL. Different areas have different things. It's not like you have to look at them if you don't want to. It's sort of a game we have going on... :)

Exhausted. Gonna drag myself to bed. Today was my 6 yo's birthday and we had our church small group meet at our home today and had a potluck. That meant lots of cleaning and cooking and noise and more cleaning.
th.gif
Two kids are asleep already, two more to go and they are hubby's responsibility so I'm off for the night. Adios amigos!

good evening, well, let's see.. what's new here..?

I back bladed the driveway this afternoon.. It worked very nicely.. just enough moisture to keep the dust down and still soft enough for the blade to cut in..It is much smoother than I left it a week ago..

Now I can take the back blade off and hook up the 3 point drag, going to go over the garden and knock down the humps and then re - plow it once more before I start planting..

I checked the potatoes and there are very few sproouts , so I am not going to buy seed potatoes this year..

going to plant 2 pounds of Serendipity sweet corn.. (Jung's Seeds)

going to plant a lot of peas this year,, I am going to broadcast them like a cover crop.. I have a section of the garden that is not much good for anything..

I tried to get some buckwheat seed at the feed mill, but it was not in yet..

DD#1 wants me to help her make some topsy turvy planters for strawberries.. she already bought a 4 inch pvc pipe to cut into shorter lengths.. I will drill holes with my drill press.. I suggested that she stick a tomato plant into the bottom of each one for multi tasking..

I have several bags of sand that Annie bought for some odd reason a few years ago.. I figure we can start up the cement mixer and mix sand and compost for the planting medium..

Oh yeah, after two years of searching, Annie found a car that she likes.. she bought it yesterday..
1995 Lincoln Town Car.. she has a 1992 , but it is on it's last legs.. we will keep it for a spare for when one of the girls needs to borrow it when their cars are in for repairs or something.. I can use it when I want to.. It gets better gas mileage than my Blazer does.. Nicer ride,too..
except the AC doesn't work, and something about the motor fan and city driving .. I guess it gets hot ..

..........jiminwisc...........

Oh CC I would take a mini Jersey in a heartbeat! I love the big ones so the small ones would be just adorable! I want some Normande cows too, and I have access to a source for those.... ;)
The Jersey is my favorite. I just love their big brown eyes! Normande cows, hey? I'll have to look into those. Never heard of them before.
hide.gif

Sooooooooo terribly sorry to hear about the suicides. That is always tough, but even worse when they are so young. Sending positive thoughts your way for you & your loved ones!
hugs.gif

Bf4, I thought I had a male & female in the blacks, but now I'm not so sure. Both of their combs are really small & no signs of pinking up at all. 2 of the lavs, however, are definitely boys. Not nearly as definite as Terri's Eli, though. That little cutie just screams roo. Why were/are Mooses babies so tough? I don't think I'll be certain about that bunch until they either start to crow or lay an egg.
roll.png
Awesome news on finishing up your coop & run!
yippiechickie.gif
I'm sure all your babies will just love it. I agree on wanting to move them out of the house.
sickbyc.gif
I wanted to do that today, but the weathermen lied about how warm it was supposed to be today. It's still a little cool out for those little ones. Hopefully next weekend will be warmer.
fl.gif
And Terri, bring those poor torts back in the house. They're prolly freezing their little heinies off.
sad.png

Where's Kiltie been? Building a bigger coop to try to keep up with us?
lau.gif

Not much else to say, so sweet dreams, all!

cool but nice day here. Had a birthday party to attend with the kids at a park. Had my doubts with the temps but it was perfect... a beer or two didnt hurt things either there!
carol stopped by to see our babies. 11 chicks hatched so far. Still 6 left in the incubator. Not sure how viable they are except... one of the lav orps I ordered was wiggling... so they might be delayed a few days.

I had 2 that hatched on Friday night at day 19
I had 6 that hatched on Saturday at day 20
I had 3 that hatched Sunday (today) on day 21 early in the am.
And we will see what comes on day 22.
The kids are loving those babies. So much fun. Tomorrow should be a nice day to get some outside stuff done too!

Good evening! No more peeps as yet...there were a few pips at 5 or so....maybe I will have lots of early and late ones? Congrats on the Foolish Hatch to all! So as of midnight we need to have a tally...I am reporting 6. I will update if I have more before midnight...everyone else report your hatch...THERE WILL BE A PRIZE AT THE BASH! Please only report those that have hatched on April First! (thanks)

Terri O

Good evening! No more peeps as yet...there were a few pips at 5 or so....maybe I will have lots of early and late ones? Congrats on the Foolish Hatch to all! So as of midnight we need to have a tally...I am reporting 6. I will update if I have more before midnight...everyone else report your hatch...THERE WILL BE A PRIZE AT THE BASH! Please only report those that have hatched on April First! (thanks)

Terri O

What? Really?
tongue.png
In that case, good luck, everyone!

Terri, congrats on the hatches, and so sorry about the one you lost.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I forgot to mention that earlier. Sorry.
old.gif

Congrats to you too, Kristi, and everyone else as well.

NOW I am going to bed. Really.

Back
Top Bottom