Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Actually BigZ, I was passing through on my way to Wittenberg to meet with Jim and Frenchie for a bird/egg exchange. They are now on my list of people to tap when I do get out of town and need birds!
wink.png
And apparently Monday is wash day in the Amish community. I love seeing all the different clothing put out to dry in such pretty pastel colors.

An hour lunch turned into a 3 hour lunch! All of you will need more than 3 days to get all of your chit-chat in at this rate! :D

Mazo, I would be a softy and let the critter go. Letting the babies possibly starve to death would bother me a whole lot more than that critter killing a bird for food. My fault for not protecting my birds from critters doing what they need to do to survive.
I take it you have a Fox?

Kids want to take a stab at fishing tonight so I better get moving and make something for dinner. Nice meeting up with you Frenchie and Jim! We have way too much fun!

I made it home just as Annie was leaving for work.. our timing today was like a military maneuver .. are you ready for this? FT was even on time..- I found out that Wittenberg is larger than I thought.

I was going to drag the garden when I got home,, but dang it, it is cold out.. I am what you would consider a woosie farmer..

I would be more inclined to release a mink before letting a weasel go.. prolly because I never had any problems with mink.. how would you know that an animal had young ? I am not about to flip one upside down and check for swollen teats..

Do the wild mink males help feed the young? I mean after they are older than nursing age ?

Now, I have had my java, Dan, nice roo..

..........jiminwisc..........

Hi everyone! Back from being mommy medic for about a week! Thanks for the kind birthday and recovery wishes for the newly minted 5 year old girl!

Beautiful profile pic Earthy Lady!

How are you feeling, Baby Lady?

Our chicken tractor production came to a screeching halt with the girl being sick and suddenly I couldn't go out and work on it. Now the hubs is sick too. But here it is thus far! He's got the framing for the nesting boxes on there... And I've been wrestling with the hardware cloth. I can start back in on this now that the girl can come outside with me again. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of youse guys!

hmm... have to check out that seed thread.Once my migraine goes down some more... come on drugs kick in... we are goingto go outside and plant some spinich and radishes. My trellis area is not cleared out yet for the peas ... have to work on that.

On a plus note, I had one late hatcher here with one lav orp. I had 2 eggs that looked pretty good out of the 6 I bought... now One has hatched although the slimy layer in the egg is still sticking on it pretty good. Got most of the shell off though. Will move it to the heater in a while once that slime is more gone. Yolk sac is still hanging on the bottom as well. Here is to hoping it is a healthy little girl.

sigh... my lav orp was not meant to be. It had holes where ears should be and died an hour later. bummer...

Aw, my condolences Kristi...

And BabyLady, I just read about the suicide and attempt in your community. So sorry. So shocking. Impossible to understand what was going on in the person's mind so suicide seemed the only option. Prayers to the families and loved ones.

Hi everyone. Maggie in New Berlin here. I'm new here and to hens. I'm starting small with 2 Americaunas. I've been wanting to get hens for a couple of years and I've done a ton of reading. But I'm glad to find a forum like this to ask questions and share info. So
frow.gif

Good evening--sorry about your Lav Orp Kris! It is a bummer when they die before they get a chance...
I brought down 6 more when I got back from work. The chick TV is getting full! When I got these out this afternoon there was one more zipping and a few more pips that I saw. Ron is doing his job! I have 3 pure black Aussies in the TV! That was good news...now I wont hesitate to set the eggs laid by that group tomorrow. I got the other incubator back and have it warming up. Probably will set the eggs tomorrow.

One mink cage is disassembled and I have started on the second one. I think this is going to work! I am going to order some stuff from Kubertanz to finish them up. THe hog rings I got at F&F are too big. I cut a new side for my parrot nest box, attached it and got the box hung on the cage. The parrots got out today and were going wild so I decided to let them try to nest again. Hopefully they will be successful this time!

DrH--that roo isnt quite old enough to tell if it's the Phoenix's son or the Aracauna's. Got to see what happens with that tail! Interesting looking bird for sure!

Guess I am gong to go and lock up...I am tired again tonight...hittin' the hay early! I am going to Milwaukee tomorrow to pick up the fence that my parents took out of their yard. It will be a nice addition to mine!
Sweet dreams everyone! Terri O

Back
Top Bottom