Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good afternoon all! Looong day at work today! Now I am home and should be doing something outside but...hey, I had to catch up! 25 posts to read!
SO Bigfam I can so see a raccoon pulling off that board...then all he had to do was reach in! They have those clever little hands remember! Do you know for sure it was a coon? THat coop does look pretty tight...I guess I wouldnthave hesitated to think my birds were safe in there. Hey, we STILL havent seen the mural! C'mon...what's the saying...curious minds want to know?

If you look at DrH's avatar his peaches was a red sex link (the roo type) I believe. Red stars, comets, production reds...they are all sex linked. One color chick is a female and one color (much different) is the male. I dont believe you see too many red sex linked males because they arent sold...maybe they might use them for packing peanuts...but I think at the big hatcheries they are just disposed of. Yup--sad...but who wants roos? (ya only "need" one) It's not like a production bird makes a meal...

Cute crosses BBP! That striped turken looks just like my "Turk's Baby" but smaller! WHat is he crossed with? I got a striped turken from Cind and then he made this baby that is just like him...and today I found the chick that RR's sister hatched...dead, but it was a little turken too! THose naked neck genes are STRONG! I think I read somewhere that they are dominant? I always wondered about that...why arent there more naked necks then?

So H&R...are you going to try your luck at hatching pheasants now? I know somebody that would certainly accept some of the babies!

MXM--you are so sweet to say I can drop in! I shopped at Pig yesterday too but went to Jefferson and then FORGOT the dog "sample" on the hook on the back door! Then I forgot yet another sample today when I went to Jefferson...maybe I will have better luck tomorrow? I have a Dr appt. in the AM but am hoping I can still do stuff after...I am having some minor surgery on my leg.

Well I guess I will take my horse out and at least get him brushed and give him some extra grain...poor guy is all ribs since I sole that Morgan back to the original owner. I guess she must ave been his protector because he had really good weight all winter! Need to get that electric line across the poles in front too...that grass needs to be eaten down!

Later all! Terri O

(PS) forgot the supper report (in case anyone still needs ideas) Country style ribs onthe grill, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and sauteed zucchini, onions, mushrooms and tomato. MMM!

Good afternoon all!  Looong day at work today! 

Cute crosses BBP!  That striped turken looks just like my "Turk's Baby" but smaller!  WHat is he crossed with? 

The naked neck is apparently very dominant. This barred chick is a cross between my Iowa Blue and a pullet from my moms. The pullet was from a hatchery Turken and one of my mom's mutt roosters (not naked neck.) So its being carried down through the generations.

I bought my 3 year old little girl a hat last night and we've had fun getting some cute pics of her in it today. I loved this one with her plastic dress up heels on .
love.gif

Last edited:
BF4M.....Love the mural....Big fan of sunflowers...

Tiki the kids slept well last night....and worked hard in their part of the run pecking and scratching all day!!! Little nervous being held but then snuggled in!!!

11 eggs still in the bator....One I thought was questionable has lots of movement in it today......glad I left it.....better erase the ? mark from the egg or the little chick will have a complex!!!! 11 more days can't wait...

Back
Top Bottom