Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I got a chuckle out of that whales joke.. I have to try to remember it for poker night..

I am way behind on all my chores.. I spent the last hour starting up the 3rd bator, and sorting eggs etc..
I added 104 eggs into bator #3.. brings the total up to 382..

#2 hatch is in full swing..there were about a dozen chicks and a turkey at 3 PM.. It looks like that has increased a bit since then.. I have the second brooder waiting for them in the chicken coop..
No chick TV in the living room this year.. sure is nice..

I still have to get out there and lock up the birds..

wbb ...........jiminwisc.......

I saw a good d=sign today.. the large peacock was chasing the small one.. I hope that means the hens are going to start laying eggs soon..

Going to a "FUR AND FEATHERS" or 'FEATHERS AND FUR" event in Walworth on Saturday morning. Anyone going to be there?

Gotta leave here by 5:00 and drive to my DS's MIL's house. From there we'll drive together.

Dear Lord, save me from chicken math this day, I pray!

Hi!
Went to Delavan and got some chicks... 3 Dominiques, 1 EE, and 3 Crvecoeurs! I was going to only get doms but...
hu.gif
So instead of sneaking a couple under Storky... I have a brooder set up.... the one I was going to use for the turkeys that are coming any day!
1 more of Storky's hatched! now she has 5! I don't think any look like Ameraucanas, just the one that died
hit.gif
I'll get a better look tomorrow. Not a bad hatch considering they were random eggs and 6 of 10 of them were out of the nest for who knows how long.

I was going to go to the Fur and Feather in Elkhorn but now that I got my chicks, I don't think so. Sure, last year none of you came to it and I went, This year some of you plan on going and I'm not.
sad.png
Well, maybe, If I can't sleep.... If you see a very short, very round old lady with very long (almost to my waist) blondish hair, with no top teeth, it's ME!
old.gif
Oh, I'll have trouble walking too. Humm... maybe I should see if I can get some used feeders and lights... or other stuff.
The guy I got the chicks from will be there. Ha,ha... I got first pick!

Ok, may be on later.... bye!

Last edited:
Hey !! what happened to Tomski,, ? haven't heard from him since we picked up the cages.. I hope we didn't pi$$ him off or something..

half of the guineas were/are up in the pine tree tonight.. It was too dark to try to get them to come down.. more owl food..

I managed to lift the plow out of the garden with the bucket loader... I left it in the grass down there out of the way..

as soon as we get the next warm spell, I am planting potatoes..

Had a couple of people ask me if they could have a garden spot here this year.. today it was as Asian lady who has been buying guineas and chickens from me for a few years.. I might just make a deal , if they help me with the weeding, I will share the crops.. I offered that deal to one of my nephews.. he wasn't interested.. he wants to do his own garden.. of course I have to plow and drag it for him.. prolly let him use my tiller , and haul water if he needs it.. but it would be HIS garden.. and he wanted to use the most soddy piece of land I own, behind the garage.. THAT is not going to happen..

I think I am detecting a rotten egg smell.. I will wait until morning to do the sniff search..I

I sure like these sportsman bators.. just turn them on and they are still all set to go , as if they were never turned off.. just add water..

Yeah Dan, I played in my drawers for a little bit today..
I have to dig out some rough sawn 1 inch boards from in the back of one of the trucks.. It was too cold to mess with that today.. I did go to maynard's and looked at the heavy duty full pull gllides.. $11.oo/set.. I need 5 sets.. bad news,, they had only one set.. the gal said they were on order.. I told her I would wait until I could buy all 5 sets at one time.. I want all matching sets so that I can make a jig for mounting them.. I don't want to have to make 2 or three jigs..

I got to quit waking up when it gets light outside.. I am dead tired already and it is not even midnight..

Oh yeah, I like that Dutch door in the coop.. only one flaw in it.. You should have installed lever locks instead of round ones.. they come in real handy when you are carrying something..
Ah, but you are young yet..
laterz..... ............jiminwisc.............

WARNING: Long Photo Post.
alright, heres that updated pic of the boys. Mohawk brothers.

And a pic of the baby (who is not such a small baby anymore)

And as far as the house, me and hubby need to talk a bit more, but I believe we will be accepting their final counter offer!! It's about 10k higher than what we want, but they are throwing in the boat and a few extras, so really we are looking more at a 7kish difference. Both me and hubby are just not willing to let the house of our dreams go for that amount. Heres a few pictures of it

House Kitchen

Balcony off the master bedroom. Barn!

I love this house. It's old, but updated inside. It's got a barn, 3 car detached garage, 1 large tool shed, 5 acres bordered by farmland. Balcony off the master bedroom, Sunroom off the livingroom/dining room. Large family room, full apartment downstairs. Laundry room, mudroom. Basement room which DH is going to make into a walk in gun safe. 4 Bathrooms, two of which have whirlpool tubs. Master and 3 additional bedrooms upstairs, all which have walk in closets. Full walk in attic. Attached 2 car garage.

The only thing that now stands in the way between this house and us, is getting our home sold. But we overcame a lot of barriers we saw when we first went to go see this house in Sept, so I have faith. If this house was meant for us, we will be moving soon :)

Then I can stop spending $400-$500 on gas on commuting!!
bow.gif
What will I do with those 2 extra hours?!?!

Last edited:
Just popping in...........

Raiq; AMAZING place! I hope you get it!

MxM, yes I am on pinterest, so is TO.... I will be at the Bash on Saturday...

BigFam, thank you for saying to Ken what I could not get a chance to..... I cannot stand it when people claim to be 'Christian' and then behave in such a fashion. I would be right there with you in the whoop ***** session.......
You need to coat your walls with an epoxy coat; there is one out there that is a Marine finish... a little expensive but I think you can get away with only one coat of the stuff..... I used it on an outdoor sign 6 years ago at it still looks amazing. It will give everything a antique look, but I think that is better than having all your work ruined.

Stayed out with the girls from work tonight playing bingo at the Marine Corps hall in Oshkosh. We had a very good time and of course one of my coworkers won a round!!!

Midnight already? Gotta cruise!!!!

Raiq... WOW! Sounds like a perfect place! Love the kitchen! May the house you have now sell FAST! Do anything you can to sell it!
wink.png
Where did you say the new place is?

OK, going to try to get some sleep...If things go well I will go to the swap. Guess the weather should be good. Last year it was cold and drizzely!

Night All.

Back
Top Bottom