Wolf Lake- Kimmel, IN- June 7th

There wasn't as much there this time. Prices were so-so, i got 2 std. cochin pullets for $5 each (so i'm happy!
big_smile.png
)
I think weather had something to do with it though. We left MI about 5:30pm during the bad weather but it was cloudy and overcast all saturday in IN, and breezy.
There wasn't as much poultry as the May one i think. I ended up taking...........25 ducklings, and came home with 6, and then I took somewhere around 45 chicks and came back with 16, only to get home and find another 15 or so in the incubator hatched out! And power had been out the whole time i was gone!
I'm happy with my cochins, but i kinda wished I'd gone to the Charlotte, MI swap instead (now i've gotta feed all these little mouths til I can convince someone else to take them!)

Is it turning into more of a garage sale atmosphere? I thought there weren't as many as chickens in April as I'd seen in past years. Altho like you, in April I did find what I wanted.

i went to the wolf lake swap meet and it was a blast!! it was my very first meet and plan on going back in july. for my first go around i came home with 1 amercian bulldog, 13 chicks, 8 ducks, and 33 tomato plants. on my next trip, i would like more ducks, chicks, and 2 pygmy goats. oh, what else i feel i may die with out!!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom