Wonderful rescue chicken, Gracie.

chickenlips

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
I wanted to share Gracies' story with you. She was raised alone in a dog crate to become a meal for a snake when she got big enough. The only person who fed her was the roommate of her owner and he came into the store where I work and would buy an ear of corn for her every night. He shared her plight with me and asked if I would take her, since he knew I had other hens. I told him I would and he plotted to kidnap her. Guilt set in, though and he asked the owner if he could have her. The owner refused and put Gracie in with the snake. Gracie froze and because snakes won't eat what doesn't move, would not eat her. The next day the roommate brought Gracie to my store in his jacket and gave her to me. She is the most loving hen! She layed her first egg that night, follows me everywhere and loves to have me hold her. She stole my heart and will always be my favorite girl.

IMG_0492.jpg

Here's Gracie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.....I hate snakes more than anything! The image of one big enough to eat a chicken will be with me all day! I don't even want to know the details of how a person could own a chicken eating snake. That's so cool that Gracie layed her first egg at your place, she was probably too scared before. Poor thing, she's beautiful and happy now and that's what matters.
smile.png
Jen

Back
Top Bottom