Woods Coop Complete...mostly

Pics

Yeppers

Chirping
Apr 27, 2019
NW Illinois
All,

Finally completed my 8X14 woods coop. I am pretty happy with it. I think it is positioned to last 30 years or more. Wanted to share some pics. Thanks to all of your input here. It was pivotal in building a good product. I still need to build some steps into the coop and the nesting boxes which I am working on.

The girls (and boy) are pretty happy with it. I need to build a ramp to the roost and a poop board. My silkies are still a bit young and are in a small upside down rabbit cage. The others are becoming familiar with them. Just takes a little time. As you can see my lab is extremely curious.

Enjoy!

Chris
IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1224.jpg
IMG_1230.jpg
IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg

Windows on the sides and up top. The side windows slide on a base board from left to right. The upper windows are set on pulleys and rope so I can open and close them without a ladder. They stay open all summer and will be closed all winter. No windows on the front by design. Just good ol' fresh air and hardware cloth.

It is funny you say that about the tiny house. My wife and I said if it doesn't work out as a coop, with a little work, it could be a little getaway. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom