Worming "teenagers"?

vwoods

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Spotsylvania, Virginia
I have five 11 week old chicks (golden comets) who have been out free ranging with my older flock of chickens for 6 weeks now. I just noticed a round worm in one of my year old australorps poop and will be going through the piperzine first/ivermectin 2nd regimine with them. Are the teenagers old enough for the piperazine or do I need to seperate them? My plan is to give the older ones 1 ounce of piperazine per gallon as their only water source for 24 hrs then remove and treat again down the road with pour on ivermectine. Can the teenagers do the pour on ivermectine? I also have some 4 week old babies - still with their mom (Mom needs worming also) in a seperate pen. Do they need any treatment? Any help would be appreciated.

You can safely worm with piperazine (Wazine-17) for all birds over the age of 4 weeks. Use 1/2 the dose for under 12 weeks of age.
Use for 1 full day every 30 days to break a large round worm cycle.
Discard or feed eggs back to chickens for 14 days after each treatment.
I've never used ivermectin on chickens but have used eprinex pour on.

lau.gif
I thought maybe you meant teenager humans!!! When I worked in the school cafeteria, I use to tell the big whigs not to put those kids on medication, just worm em' and give them a big laxative and they would be like new people. I mentioned this to the two Chiro's I worked for, and they looked at me and said, "you realize that is really the truth?"

Quote:
Yes, I have both eprinex and ivomec...just never used ivomec on the chickens...only eprinex. Sorry I should have wrote both brand names so not to confuse!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom