Worming

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy546

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
I hate using wormers on my chickens, but at times it's necessary. I was on line one day and saw a clip regarding a product by Backyard Chickens, (Zyfend A). It all natural with no synthetic chemicals and helps offset worm related issues. I ordered some from Jeffers, felt uncomfortable using it but it did the job. Finally I have a product I feel comfortable with. Their poops are solid and free of worms, according to the sample I took to the vet. Anyone else use this product, any comments are appreciated.

I hate using wormers on my chickens, but at times it's necessary. I was on line one day and saw a clip regarding a product by Backyard Chickens, (Zyfend A). It all natural with no synthetic chemicals and helps offset worm related issues. I ordered some from Jeffers, felt uncomfortable using it but it did the job. Finally I have a product I feel comfortable with. Their poops are solid and free of worms, according to the sample I took to the vet. Anyone else use this product, any comments are appreciated.

There's nothing in the product that would prevent nor treat worms. Do you know what "worm related issues" are? If you took a fecal sample to a vet and had it checked, then there were no worm eggs in the sample in the first place. Were any cocci eggs seen on the microscopic slide?

willy456,

Thank you for your post sharing with us your success with all-natural Zyfend
00ae.png
A! You have joined many others who are experiencing the same thing.

We developed this product in conjunction with a large customer whom we have been supporting their health program (including their salmonella control program) with our all natural products for over 25 years. They were having severe issues with internal parasites in their organic and natural certified flocks and had no products that their certifier would approve for use to address the problem.

We developed the product which they then tested for about 9 months (including fecal sampling) and reported back to us that it met what they needed to solve their problem and have been using the product now for over 3 years.

Thank you very much for your business! Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or additional comments you may have.

David
"Keeping Animals Healthy, Naturally, Is Our Passion"
DBC Ag Products
717-951-8520

Did the vet find evidence of worms before you tried the product? If so, what worms were they? One negative fecal means nothing, it just means that no eggs were found in that sample.

-Kathy

MrsBrooke,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As I have mentioned in other posts, the information they shared with us was the it met their needs, was approved by their certifier and they were pleased they did not have to throw away any eggs.

They have not approved the release of any additional information at this time.

In reviewing other threads and hearing from other backyard poultry raisers, they are experiencing the results we see with organic certified operations we work with.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on my cell phone if I can help with any additional questions.

Best regards,

David
DBC Ag Products
717-951-8520

MrsBrooke,

As I have mentioned in other posts, the information they shared with us was the it met their needs, was approved by their certifier and they were pleased they did not have to throw away any eggs.

In reviewing other threads and hearing from other backyard poultry raisers, they are experiencing the results we see with organic certified operations we work with.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on my cell phone if I can help with any additional questions.

Best regards,

David
DBC Ag Products
717-951-8520
One negative fecal means nothing.

-Kathy

MrsBrooke,

Best regards,

David
DBC Ag Products
717-951-8520

Could I have their contact information to inquire with them directly? :)

Feel free to PM me their information if you would prefer not to disclose on a public forum.

Thank you!

MrsB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom