Worming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: That doesn't bother me... People just need to know what ingredients they're feeding or putting in water. The one that caught my eye was the one they call "Oxy E-100", it's just a slightly more concentrated Oxine.

"Oxy E-100" = 4.8% Sodium Chlorite
Oxine = 3.35% Sodium Chlorite

-Kathy

I agree, however this product brand is Backyard Chickens and in bold is states Use during worm infestations. All natural with no synthetic chemicals. Helps offset worm related issues. When it arrived it was the bottle with instructions on the back. What is one to think?

I agree, however this product brand is Backyard Chickens and in bold is states Use during worm infestations. All natural with no synthetic chemicals. Helps offset worm related issues. When it arrived it was the bottle with instructions on the back. What is one to think?
Clever marketing... Most people will interpret that as "all natural wormer".

-Kathy

What do you consider "worm-related issues" to be?

I can tell you what the symptoms are and they culminate in death.

I'd rather cure that than "offset" it, if it can be done, which it can be, with REAL wormers like Valbazen or Safe Guard.

Unless David responds to the litany of questions I proffered him via PM, which I am very excited to read, I stand by that there is *no such thing* as an all-natural wormer.

I have requested to see his company's test results to the efficacy of his product in regards to the removal of worms and their eggs from the system of a chicken. Any company worth their salt would have at LEAST these tests done by a veterinarian and publish them without hesitation.

DBC Ag Products appears to have quite a PR team behind them, and what they say this product does is akin to putting a band aid on a bullet wound............. unless they show the tests and science that proves differently.

MrsB

What do you consider "worm-related issues" to be?

I can tell you what the symptoms are and they culminate in death.

I'd rather cure that than "offset" it, if it can be done, which it can be, with REAL wormers like Valbazen or Safe Guard.

Unless David responds to the litany of questions I proffered him via PM, which I am very excited to read, I stand by that there is *no such thing* as an all-natural wormer.

I have requested to see his company's test results to the efficacy of his product in regards to the removal of worms and their eggs from the system of a chicken. Any company worth their salt would have at LEAST these tests done by a veterinarian and publish them without hesitation.

DBC Ag Products appears to have quite a PR team behind them, and what they say this product does is akin to putting a band aid on a bullet wound............. unless they show the tests and science that proves differently.

MrsB

goodpost.gif
This is worrisome to say the least, but I will say that I'm still giggling over the "glitter?!?" comment.

Seriously, I found a helpful use for glitter... got two a couple of chicks and one has odd looking poop, but I'm too lazy to following them around and see which one is doing it, so why not tube Kaytee w/glitter?

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom