Worming

Status
Not open for further replies.
lau.gif
gig.gif
seriously, are you trying to make sure I keel over right here??

Glitter...an option for those of you that like poo that glints in the sunlight!

Last edited:
The ingredients:

Water, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Soy Oil, Wheat Middlings, Ground Peanuts, Ground Hulled Sunflower, Coconut Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Beet Pulp, Ground Flax Seed, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Wheat Germ Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Salt, Algae Meal (source of DHA), Fructooligosaccharide, Yeast Extract, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Arginine, Propionic Acid (a preservative), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of vitamin K activity), Niacin, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried A. oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product and glitter.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Good afternoon all!

After having major computer problems this morning I have now been able to catch up on everyone's posts and would like address some concerns here in one message.

First, MrsBrooke, I will take as a compliment your comment "appears to have quite the PR team behind them". On the contrary, we do not. We are a small, but growing, company with just 5 employees (see our website). I am the sole sales/marketing point of contact in our office.

Second, casportpony, we are required by law (OSHA) to create a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on all our products. Even though it is not for use in humans, we must provide guidance as to what to do in case of ingestion. Without any direct guidance for the specific ingredients in our product, the guidance for this scenario is to list the Poison Control Center in the document versus not listing anything. We are in the process of updating to the new SDS (Safety Data Sheet) format/guidance and it will be uploaded to our website in the near future.

Third, casportpony, Oxy E-100 contains Anthium Dioxide, which is used in water treatment plants, food production facilities and poultry production around the world. It is more stable and viewed as more effective on water borne pathogens, including protozoa (like giardia, coccidia etc.). Here is information from the company:

DuPont
2122.png
Anthium Dioxcide
00ae.png
, 5% stabilized chlorine dioxide, is an easy-to-use liquid which can be used for terminal disinfection of water lines to remove biofilm or for taste and odor control to improve water palatability. It oxidizes sulphur, phenolics, and odor causing bacteria; degrades into sodium chloride (salt) and is less corrosive than chlorine; is not temperature sensitive and resists neutralization by organics and water hardness.

Lastly, when it comes to offsetting internal parasite issues, the choice of product comes down to the goals of the backyard poultry raiser and one can choose from the following list:

1. Do nothing.
2. Use a chemical anthelmintic/antibiotic that may or may not be approved for use in layers in the US and may or may not have an egg discard period.
3. Use all-natural products.

For those who raise organic or natural eggs, number 1 & 2 are not options.
For those who want to raise all-natural food for their families and not give chemical anthelmintics/antibiotics to their birds, number 1 & 2 are not options.

All DBC Ag Products is doing is providing a choice for those who prefer #3 and have no other option to help offset worm related issues in their flocks. And one that is on certifiers approved lists for their organic growers and used today in millions of birds.

I also encourage everyone to search this forum for Zyfend. There are recent posts that share other backyard poultry raisers positive experience with our products.

I thank you all for the robust discussion and wish you all the best in raising healthy, wholesome food for your family.

Best regards,

BYCHP David

Willy546,

Just a quick follow up to your comment on "the bottle with the instructions on the back".

Our distributors are supposed to send along with the product a full package insert that provides more detailed information in an easier to read format. If you did not receive it, it would be helpful for me to know who you purchased the product from in order to follow up with them to ensure everyone receives that information with their product.

You can also download a copy from our website: http://www.dbcagproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/bychp-insert-v2.pdf

If you would be so kind to send me a private message with that information, I will follow up with them.

Thank you again for your purchase and don't hesitate to call me at 717-951-8520 to discuss further.

Best regards,

BYCHP David

Kathy,

In doing a quick review, Oxine appears to be purified sodium chlorite. It must be combined with an acid (the product for sale on line listed citric acid with the Oxine) to activate it and form the chlorine dioxide. By doing so, the company product sheet says that activating it into chlorine dioxide increases it's antimicrobial activity. Without activation, it is just sodium chlorite.

Oxy E-100 is already chlorine dioxide, requires no activation and is ready to use. It is also more concentrated delivering 5% chlorine dioxide.

Thank you for asking and I hope this helps.

Best regards,

David

Kathy,

In doing a quick review, Oxine appears to be purified sodium chlorite. It must be combined with an acid (the product for sale on line listed citric acid with the Oxine) to activate it and form the chlorine dioxide. By doing so, the company product sheet says that activating it into chlorine dioxide increases it's antimicrobial activity. Without activation, it is just sodium chlorite.

Oxy E-100 is already chlorine dioxide, requires no activation and is ready to use. It is also more concentrated delivering 5% chlorine dioxide.

Thank you for asking and I hope this helps.

Best regards,

David
I'm confused, lol. Your website says this:

And the MSDS for Oxine says this:

-Kathy

Last edited:
FYI, not trying to be a smarty pants, I'm just curious and know nothing about chemicals.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom