worming

This may not be a very satisfactory answer, but some people worm regularly and some not at all, so there may not be one answer. Mine are 4 years old, in great health, and I've never wormed them. But, I'm sure you will get some more precise answers.

Oh, and I guess one questions might be if you have evidence of a worm infestation, because if you do, HOW you worm may be different.

Good luck
smile.png

Last edited:
They get skinny quickly and they may act weird. They also will have worms in their poop.

True. And by that time they have a heavy worm load and all the internal damage that goes along with it. Worming is also trickier at that point and you have to be careful what you use since a quick kill-off of a lot of worms can result in blockages and dead worm toxicity. It also takes a while to get that bird back to good health.

OP: Yes, you will get a lot of different answers here so you'll have to decide what's best for your birds. I personally deworm twice a year, once mid-summer and once in the dead of winter when laying is decreased anyway. I dose each bird with Valbazen or liquid Safeguard for goats and do a repeat dose in 10 days. You do need to discard eggs until 10 days after the last dose. In my opinion it's well worth it to keep parasites under control. Worms are very damaging and I consider dewormers to be much less dangerous to my birds then a big load of worms. I start when they are 6 to 8 months old.

This may not be a very satisfactory answer, but some people worm regularly and some not at all, so there may not be one answer. Mine are 4 years old, in great health, and I've never wormed them. But, I'm sure you will get some more precise answers.

Oh, and I guess one questions might be if you have evidence of a worm infestation, because if you do, HOW you worm may be different.

Good luck
smile.png
If their feet touch the ground, they'll get worms.

Back
Top Bottom