Worms and Worming - Warning, Graphic Pictures and Videos

Pics
I was reading up on them we don't have turkeys but my girls do find worms every once in a while I have 4 white leg horn 5 barred rocks 2 buffs and 4 rir I've noticed 3 of my leg horns seem to have lost some weight I have 3 feeding stations and water they free range everyday after lunch till they roost for the night today it was a leg horn who left the dropping but I've also been having a problem with at 1st was jelly eggs they had oyster she'll and I gave them tums this went on for about 2 weeks everyday we still get a egg that seems to come out in a puddle hard to explain could this be from the worms wlh are about a few months older then the rest which are 8 months

Bought wazinr today to treat I know I have to retreat them how soon and with what
Wazine doesn't treat cecal worms, it treats large roundworms. If they are cecal worms, you need Safeguard for goats. The dose I use is 0.23ml per pound orally and repeat in 10 days. For capillary worms I give 0.23 ml per pound orally for 5 days in a row. Can you post a picture of the worms?

-Kathy

Last edited:
I've sat out there for a few hours trying to catch one poop run checked no worms I think only 1 is pooping them out but I'm sure they all have them seeing I'm not sure what kind of worms they have I'll treat with wazine and follow up with the safe guard if I can find it at my feed store will that work?

Fenbendazole works well given five days in a row, and repeated later. It's approved for use overseas, but not here, so if you use it, look up the egg withdrawal period there. It's on google somewhere .
hide.gif
Mary

So I got a fecal test done on my new puppy and it came back positive for heterakis gallinarum. I'm not concerned for the pup as it is a species specific parasite. My concern is for my birds.

The pup ate a single poop. (He's eight weeks old, I've been watching him like a hawk, and my birds have been locked up for the most part since before he arrived due to an actual hawk incident.)

Does this mean my birds likely have a huge parasite load? It's probably in my soil, so is it worth worming? I have Valbazen on hand and 3 of my birds have decided to go broody and aren't laying anyway so an egg withdrawal wouldn't make me feel as bad. I don't have turkeys so I'm not worried even though these are the same worms that carry blackhead. Advice?

Back
Top Bottom