Worms and Worming - Warning, Graphic Pictures and Videos

I figure it's always good to bump this up occasionally :)

Question, especially @casportpony - do we know how Valbazen behaves in water? IE, does it float or settle? I've recently seen a someone saying they use 15ml per gallon of water for all of their birds and they claim fecals show that it's working. Says peafowl and all sizes of chickens get the same dose, and nobody has gotten sick. It is cold and nasty outside and I'd realllllly like to dose water if possible, though I will do the catch and dose if I truly must *sigh*

To be clear, what I'm getting at is if it floats instead of settles, I'm tryin' it.

Last edited:
I figure it's always good to bump this up occasionally :)

Question, especially @casportpony - do we know how Valbazen behaves in water? IE, does it float or settle? I've recently seen a "big" poultry person saying they use 15ml per gallon of water for all of their birds and they claim fecals show that it's working. Says peafowl and all sizes of chickens get the same dose, and nobody has gotten sick. It is cold and nasty outside and I'd realllllly like to dose water if possible, though I will do the catch and dose if I truly must *sigh*
It's not truly water soluble, and I have pictures that I can show you if you're curious. I think I know the person you mentioned, and they do claim that it works.

As for whether it floats or settles, I'm not sure. I think the suspension part probably settles, because it does in the bottle, which is why you need to shake it well before you use it.

It's not truly water soluble, and I have pictures that I can show you if you're curious. I think I know the person you mentioned, and they do claim that it works.

As for whether it floats or settles, I'm not sure. I think the suspension part probably settles, because it does in the bottle, which is why you need to shake it well before you use it.
Of course I want to see pictures :D

My kids aren't really thrilled with the nipple water bucket, so I know when I put down an open bucket of water first thing in the morning they absolutely attack it, I'm betting I could get a good dose into them just by shaking it just before.

I'll see if I can take a picture of my Valbazen bottle today... It should show a clear separation between the suspension and the "other" stuff.
Oh, I thought you meant you had mixed some with water and had pictures of that. I've seen the bottles, you don't have to go out of your way for that. I wonder if we could know which "stuff" is floating and which other "stuff" is settling...

Update, @casportpony :
So, bought my Valbazen yesterday. Shook it yesterday morning, it's still suspended today, good sign. I shook again for good measure and put it in the water and it looks good. Certainly not separating anywhere near "fast." I think I'll do it this way whenever hand dosing isn't practical.
20181118_065538.jpg

Peter Brown at First State Veterinary Supply recommends mixing 1cc valbazen in 8cc's water and give 2cc's to each bird orally...supposedly for better gut coverage. I've never done that but the results are the same...dead worms. It's easier to orally dose with 1cc or less without mixing it in water.
W506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom