Would like to borrow an incubator for son's kindergarten class near Akron, Ohio.

MyFrancesca

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 11, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Hi all! I hope this is posted in the best place.
We are getting our first chickens early Spring and have decided we want to hatch them ourselves so our son's kindergarten class can participate in watching it happen. We planned to borrow a coworker's incubator from his parents but he apparently had a falling out with them and now cannot get the incubator for us. :( I am hoping there is someone within an hour of Akron, Ohio that would allow us to borrow their incubator for our son's class. I would be more than willing to put a deposit down so you know you're getting it back or sign a contract. We don't want to buy our own since we only plan to keep 3-5 chickens for our personal supply.
If you have any other ideas, I am open to that as well!

Thanks in advance,

Emily

Try finding your State thread in the “Where am I? Where are you!” section of this forum. There is probably someone in your area that will help you out.

Contact your county extension agent, in the phone book under county government. Some agents are better than others but if yours is any good I’d be surprised if they could not really help you out.

Emily-- I am also in Akron...my grandparents used to raise ducks, and I believe their incubator is tucked away in their garage somewhere...I can't tell you if it works- it's old and hasn't been used in a long time. But I can ask to borrow it, if you are still looking for an incubator.

Hello Akron Chicken lovers! :)

I may have found one to borrow...the lady told me the turner didn't work for her duck eggs but it might work for our chicken eggs...which makes me a little nervous since I'd really like the kids to see them hatching! I might end up buying the Brinsea Mini Advanced...that way I know it works and I don't have to worry then I can loan it out to other people who want to do the same thing. :)

Emily

My coworker's wife raises chickens and she offered me a dozen or less for $2. They're Americaunas, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers and....I forget the other one. I really wanted Wyandottes or Orpingtons. Do you have some for sale?

I already bought the mini for $129 plus shipping from Amazon. It also has a self turner...and is perfect size for their small classroom and since we are only raising 3-5 of our own chickens, this is perfect. Thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom