Would this be a good coop?

I don't see a picture or a link-what playhouse are you asking about?
big_smile.png

Nevermind, it showed up!

Last edited:
Well first in my last post I should have said
welcome-byc.gif
!

I am not sure about the blueprints, somebody should be able to help you. Also it is big enough for 10 chickens because they say 4 feet per chicken. Of course if you are like me five years ago, 5 baby chicks turned into 50 some.
roll.png
big_smile.png

Hardest thing I would have in building it would be the roof. If you just go with a standard roof, it would be an easy design to copy. The gingerbread trim around the eaves and the flower boxes give it a lot of the charm.

Here is a link to a coop on this site that looks like the same house you are interested in. You could find out from them how it is for a coop.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=16313-a-real-chickenhaus

Last edited:
I live in a rural area but my neighbors have asked me to find an attractive coop for my chickens, they don't want to stare at an ugly coop all day and I don't blame them.

Last edited:
For that amount of money, you could *hire* someone to build you something sweet and lovely - custom. I would not recommend paying that much money for something that will be hard to clean, will still need to be modified for chickens and will probably leak like a sieve.

There are tons of very very cute coops on this site. And they are probably substantially more functional than that playhouse would be.

I built a 6'x7' with an 8' peaked roof 2 windows and a homemade door with a cement slab for about $500.00 eliminating the slab could have saved me about $100.00.in hindsight iwould'nt have poured the slab. I attached a 6' x10' run surrounded by chicken wire. The coop looks pretty nice painted, matches my barn

Back
Top Bottom