Would you complain?

A friend who is pretty good at sexing at a day old told is we have 1 cockerel maybe 2, the others are pullets. So if nothing else the pullets can go in the pen for eggs for breakfast.

I'm curious as to how your friend sexed them. Are they trained to vent sex chicks? Many people are under the impression that chicks can be wing sexed and sadly that is not the case for the vast majority as it is a sex linked trait that needs to be specifically cross bred for.
I hate to burst your bubble but I see an awful lot of red combs and wattles for 7 week old chicks.

You've got two that aren't pure for sure. I'd contact the seller first and await a response. If the seller admits a mistake has been made and refunds money or sends more eggs that's wonderful. If the seller get defensive, accuses you of mixing up or switching eggs, or doesn't respond in a timely manner. Then I would take further steps.

I don't know that any of them are pure Wyandottes, and if they are, they are hatchery quality at best. But it doesn't matter-- you did nor get what you paid for, and you should get a 100% refund, to my way of thinking. If they send more eggs, who knows what will hatch out of them the next time? Try contacting the sellers, maybe wait a few days for them to respond, and if they do not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, take action. We will have your back, and help any way we can.

I'm curious as to how your friend sexed them. Are they trained to vent sex chicks? Many people are under the impression that chicks can be wing sexed and sadly that is not the case for the vast majority as it is a sex linked trait that needs to be specifically cross bred for.
I hate to burst your bubble but I see an awful lot of red combs and wattles for 7 week old chicks.

Yes she was trained to vent sex chicks. She actually did that for a living while she was in college.

Back
Top Bottom