Would you pay to get our dog back?

No vet I have ever gone to charges only $25 - he is trying to get something for nothing. HOW RUDE!
i never seen any form a doctor charge 25.00 alone
but what ever
my vet charged me over 200.00 for a baby chick that weighted in on the gram scale

I would ask to see the vet bill (for records, you can explain) and just pay him what that was. I would then mention rather pointedly that you are having a microchip placed in your dog so such an incident won't happen again. Then I would make a call or send a letter to your local vet office telling them to let you know if he turns up with your dog again.

People steal pets all the time and justify it in their own minds. My dogs are never outside when I am not home, even though our yard is fully fenced anyone can open a gate. My dogs are just too friendly, and the little one is super cute and fluffy. They would leave the yard with anyone who called them with a treat.

A similar story was on our local news last summer. A local anchorwoman had her two dogs in her fenced front yard when someone drove up, got out and took one of the dogs. In broad daylight. In front of witnesses! Luckily, one person had the presence of mind to get the plate number. The woman just wanted a dog. A cute little furry one like the ones she had seen in the yard.
If the anchor woman hadn't gone on air with this terrible story, her neighbor would never of come forward(having put two and two together). The neighbor just thought the car was "suspicious" and was worried about the little girls that lived there.
So my thoughts are that the guy who had your dog was:
A) covering up the fact that his kids took your dog
B) tired of hearing the kids whine about getting a dog
C) knew you offered the neighborhood kids $50 and wanted his share
D) hoped you would pay up quick so he wouldn't look like a total idiot and/or have to explain too much and get busted.

But who knows in this day and age.

I think either the kids or this guy stole your dog then try to cover it up by saying he took it to the vet. Ask to see the vet bill. If he says he has none, ask for the vets name so you can see what was done to your dog. I also would call the police, he might end up saying you stole his kids dog.

Did you bring up the fact of how you knew they had your dog? Also that you knew that someone told them it was your dog and they still didn't return it and decided to take it to the vet after they knew it was yours? I wouldn't pay what they did was wrong and I would tell them about it and threaten to contact the police and see what their response is!

microchip!
microchip!
microchip!
Your dogs
cats
and parrots!
I think the $10 ty card is great.Ask the vet if your dog was vaccinated and re-imburse!
Keep your little yorkie in the laundry or garage when your not home
if your mom can go to do laundry maybe she can potty break her too.

Back
Top Bottom