WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

Quote:
Yeah, probably gonna buy her. I'll give ya a shout tomorrow.
smile.png
I have one little white keet left right now. (Just cause I couldn't catch the little devil.)
smile.png
I have Guinea hens and broodies setting and 2 dozen eggs in the bator. Should have some within a couple weeks. Coral Blue, Sky Blue and Buff in bators. White, Pearl, Pied, Lavender, Violet and Coral Blue under hens. Keep selling them faster than I can hatch 'em.

Last edited:
Quote:
I love Orpintons and plan on being at chickenstock. I'm a newbie. Was does 15 point of lay pullets mean? sorry, i know prob a dumb question! lol

Great, I have a trio of Buff Orphs for sale. Point of lay or POL means almost ready to start laying eggs. Hope that helps. Welcome to Chickenstock!

Quote:
I love Orpintons and plan on being at chickenstock. I'm a newbie. Was does 15 point of lay pullets mean? sorry, i know prob a dumb question! lol

Not a dumb question, and Chicken Junkie is right. The pullets (hens less than a year old) that are at the point where they are about ready to lay eggs...hence the name...point of lay. By buying hens this way, people save months of feed bills growing their girls out. This is a very cheap solution for people who want their girls to lay eggs this year vs. waiting until possibly next spring for their first egg. These girls were hatched last fall for this springs show ring. I have picked out the ones I want for show and these girls are the ones I chose not to keep. Great birds for the backyard.

very cute
smile.png

I will have a cart coop with run and upgraded cedar siding for sale. These sell for 1,000 plus 100 bucks for the upgrade. ...available at Chickenstock for $950

This is a similar one we did for a gal this winter

10091_010-111.jpg

The cedar siding is great because it never needs painted and it will weather naturally. It's a bit bigger than the ones we used to make as we upgraded the cart size. It's app. 44" wide x 54" long. This coop comes with autofeeder, double stacked nesting boxes and chicken balcony overlooking front window (space savers so the girls can hop up to utilize all the space) It also comes with a large perch to accommodate 4-6 girls. It has a large, removable window backed with hardware cloth to protect your babies from predators. This coop is super maneuverable and will go easily. The front window is all season ventelation but can be shut via workable wooden shutter for those super cold months. It also has a front window box to plant flowers in.

10091_002-111.jpg

10091_009-11.jpg

10091_010-11.jpg

Quote:

Great, I have a trio of Buff Orphs for sale. Point of lay or POL means almost ready to start laying eggs. Hope that helps. Welcome to Chickenstock!

thanks!
big_smile.png

I will have:

a pair of buff brahma (bantam) chicks
some tetra tint chicks (standard)
some light brahmas (standard) chicks
a white silkie chick
2 golden sebright chicks
1 silver sebright chick
4 oegb chicks
1 porcelin d'Uccle (i think)
1 cream & buff feather legged mystery bantam chick lol

All of the above are hatchery stock. Just some chicks I bought out of the "bantam assortment" bin to keep me busy while I was waiting on my Delawares to hatch.
smile.png

They are $4 each.

and most likely my Delawares are sold out already. If I have any they will be $6 or $7 each.

Cant wait!!!!

Back
Top Bottom