Wyandotte Bantams

Dear Newegg,

I have about a dozen or so Partridge Wyandotte bantams from Murray McMurray Hatchery. They are very healthy and tame. HOWEVER; they are NOT show quality. Their coloring isn't too bad, but all of them are too tall (ie. long legged) and have incorrect tails, often called "bunny tails." This is a problem in Wyandotte bantams in general, but judges spot them right away.
sad.png
I went to the Central Indiana Poultry Show last Saturday and saw some excellent birds. I only saw one Wyandotte hen with a halfway decent tail -- not up to standard, but a step in the right direction. From the rear, most Wyandottes look like clean-legged Cochins due to their powder puff shaped tails. If you look at a photo or drawing of an "ideal" Wyandotte, it should look more like a Plymouth Rock with a rose comb. As for pets, I like them a lot. Hope this helps.

Yardegg

Mine from Meyer hatchery, the pullets are decent--shorter legs and tail. The 2 cockerals have a little too long of legs and the tail is little "cochin" like but not as bad as the rooster from a breeder. They've definetly made improvements over what they were 5 years ago. I've seen some good columbian and silver laced wyandotte bantams.

Go to BlueLacedRed.com it will explain the 3 different colors Splash Blue laced and a beautiful black with red lacing.

Overrun,

Can you post a couple of pictures of the Meyer Hatchery Wyandottes? I'd like to see how they compare to McMurray's. I haven't mastered the technique of posting pictures myself, but I need to learn.

Thanks,

Yardegg

Reviving this old thread on Wyandotte Bantams. I currently have both Buff and Black Wyandotte Bantams.

We currently have a dozen Buff Wyandotte Bantam eggs ready to ship today!

PM for details!

Does anyone know where to get Wyandotte bantams in Northern colorado? I've been searching around an d have not bee successful so far. I appreciate the help.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom