Wyoming Unite!!!!

Hello! I'm in casper. I currently have 3 hens and just added one more today. I rescued 4 hens & 1 duck today from horrible conditions. Was only able to keep the 1 but the others went to an amazing home together!

Guys I know it’s not rocket science, but I got a greenhouse for Valentine’s Day and I don’t know anything about them. Ive researched a little and found that you can grow things as early as March in them if the temp is consistently in the 50s. Anyone in (more central) Wyoming have one and can share when they move seedlings and such into them? And maybe just your expertise in general with them?

Guys I know it’s not rocket science, but I got a greenhouse for Valentine’s Day and I don’t know anything about them. Ive researched a little and found that you can grow things as early as March in them if the temp is consistently in the 50s. Anyone in (more central) Wyoming have one and can share when they move seedlings and such into them? And maybe just your expertise in general with them?
I built a greenhouse on my deck. I have had plants in it all winter. A week ago I started cabbage and cauliflower seeds in there. They have germinated.

Mine has insulated walls and I do have a portable heater in it to prevent freezing temperatures.

On sunny days it is critical to monitor temperatures and provide ventilation to prevent "cooking" your plants.

I store my wood pellets in my greenhouse to provide mass for heat storage. Full water containers work better.

I built a greenhouse on my deck. I have had plants in it all winter. A week ago I started cabbage and cauliflower seeds in there. They have germinated.

Mine has insulated walls and I do have a portable heater in it to prevent freezing temperatures.

On sunny days it is critical to monitor temperatures and provide ventilation to prevent "cooking" your plants.

I store my wood pellets in my greenhouse to provide mass for heat storage. Full water containers work better.
Hey thanks for sharing, R2elk. Wow, that’s awesome. I’m so surprised to hear you can grow stuff right now. You sound like you have a good set up. When you talk about providing mass for heat, can it be any objects? Like could I use old pots from last year with dirt in them still?

It has a flap up top that somehow opens based on pressure inside, I think that’s supposed to help during the hot weather. But I’ll monitor closely. I was surprised to go in it today and discover how warm it was inside.

Hey thanks for sharing, R2elk. Wow, that’s awesome. I’m so surprised to hear you can grow stuff right now. You sound like you have a good set up. When you talk about providing mass for heat, can it be any objects? Like could I use old pots from last year with dirt in them still?

It has a flap up top that somehow opens based on pressure inside, I think that’s supposed to help during the hot weather. But I’ll monitor closely. I was surprised to go in it today and discover how warm it was inside.
It is better to fill them with water than dirt. Water transfers heat the best.

With the door open it got to 97.5⁰F in mine today.

Back
Top Bottom