Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
No, the Sapphires are not auto sexing and from the few I glanced at this morning, they were either all roosters or the feather sexing also does not work on them.

It does appear that the Rose Comb Brown Leghorn/Cream Legbar crossed back to a Cream Legbar rooster have retained the legbar auto sexing trait. There are chicks with big clear white spots on their heads and their are those that are not.

You should have stopped by, at least you could have gotten a chick fix even if not actually getting any chicks. Of course there are the other things also. I am approximately 3 miles north of the Hat Six exit on I-25 on the east side of Casper.

I am still pulling chicks out of the hatcher this morning and transferring them to the brooder in the coop.

Sounds like you're going to have a busy day!

We're going to have to go back to Casper in the next week or so to get more stuff for the golf course, so if we can get up your way, I'll send you a pm. Love to see all those little chicks!

Nice pictures Bob! Guess that makes it official...it's spring!

Oh, you do make things difficult, don't you? They are so stinking cute! I especially like the RCBLLL (we gotta come up with an easier name for them...how about Elk-lings?) not only because they are auto-sexing but because they are such a warm rich color! Nice job, my friend!!

Oh, you do make things difficult, don't you? They are so stinking cute! I especially like the RCBLLL (we gotta come up with an easier name for them...how about Elk-lings?) not only because they are auto-sexing but because they are such a warm rich color! Nice job, my friend!!

They are known as Rose Comb Legbars when finally fixed.

These are first generation of the cross.

The chicks look very warm and content. If the white spot on the Leghorn/Legbars means males then it looks like you will have plenty of roosters.
barnie.gif

I'm so looking forward to coming down to get some of your babies!!
yesss.gif

The chicks look very warm and content. If the white spot on the Leghorn/Legbars means males then it looks like you will have plenty of roosters.
barnie.gif

I'm so looking forward to coming down to get some of your babies!!
yesss.gif

I counted 9 out of the 20 with the white head spots, so a few more hens than roosters in that group.

Last edited:
Bob, those chicks are so cute! Wow, you do have a passel of them don't you. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Back
Top Bottom